Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ibanez fanboi
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So our very own Mr 7 string of hate made me this body for a pretty penny. :D
And I bought an RG7620 neck a while ago thinking about doing a fireman-7 project, but this deal was too good to say no to..

CHECK THAT ARCH OUT! :hbang::scream:

Just a tad dusty.. :lol:

Nice snug fit too.

So I kinda just want an all rounder guitar, blues to metal kinda thing..
Pickups, finish and hardware? GO! :metal:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
First thing id do is radius that fucking top a bit more :lol:
If you want blues, your best bet with whats available for not highasballs prices is a 59 or a Jazz, with a coil split, and id go JB in the bridge.

Im a dimarzio guy really, but for all around do it all shit in a 7 string format, a JB/J or a JB/59 is hard to beat

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Custom-7 and Jazz-7.

·
Ibanez fanboi
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha yeah the arch is a tad extreme, I've got some blazes going in another project :lol: But its .. blue..
I'm more of a Dimarzio guy too, I haven't tired any SD's though :lol: So yeah, wouldn't hurt trying one of the SD's pairs :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Whoa, that carve is Collen Archtop tall. :lol:

The break point could be a bit smoother, though. Some hand sanding should help shape it smoothly and predictably.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
It's a carved top, FYI. Archtops are jazzboxes.
Yeah, and they're vibrato bridges, since tremolo is a variation in volume, not pitch. Now that we know what's right, we can keep on calling it the wrong thing, so as to avoid confusion. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I always just called it the jack. :shrug:

·
Registered
626 Posts
oh man, nice!!! i saw where he was making those bodies on ss.org.... that looks fantastic.

if you're going to do a natural finish, i would suggest tru oil and wax. it brought out the grain on my mahogany RG7 like CRAZY and it looks fantastic now!

·
Ibanez fanboi
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm thinking bleaching it and giving it a bright yellow stain, since I can't be fucked painting :lol: And brushed nickel pickups and chrome hardware.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts