Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Long story short, back in 2006 I modded the fuck out of this RG. I put a leather finish on the front and back of the body, replaced the pickguard, threw an X2N in the bridge, and sanded the neck down to ideal shred perfection. Being that I'm not a crazy tech guru, I brought this to a buddy of mine who was going to replace the wiring and all the other shit I fucked up while modding. He never got around to it so it sat in his house for 4 years. After a few years I naturally thought it must be gone, so I never bothered to mention it.

He texted me last Friday saying, "hey man, your Ibanez is still at my place. Never finished it, but feel free to pick it up…" so I did, and here she is. How and why there is glitter on the top left horn I have NO idea, maybe it saw a REALLY good time with a bunch of ****-Asian hookers. Then again, it wouldnt be much different from any other day while in my possession :lol:

I'll probably bring the life back to it soon for shits and giggles, but man is she in terrible shape. Regardless, I'd say it's pretty easy on the eyes tho.

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That thing is hideous :rofl: Congrats on getting it back though :lol:
HAHAHA Alright alright, I'll sell the bridge and the rest of the gold hardware I've got for it and maybe make a loin cloth out of the leather remains lmao!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I remember that from Jemfest 2006. Part it out and get something new :D

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I'm guessing that's an RG350 under there? Maybe ditch the Lo-TRS for an OFR and give it a better make over?

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm guessing that's an RG350 under there? Maybe ditch the Lo-TRS for an OFR and give it a better make over?
I believe it was an RG250DX, cant recall offhand. It's probably beyond repair at this point I think. There's a crack in the body where the necks meets. I doubt I'll have the time or desire to fix it up & use as a beater, so I'll probably sell the gold hardware and put it towards my RGD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts