Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people. I've been got by GAS for a 7 string after playing 6 shooters for the last decade. Without further ajew:

The box:

The knife:

The cutting:

The opening:

The paper:

The bubble wrap:

Oh look, it says Parker:

A 7 string Parker? Of course I was leading you on:

The 12th fret:

The Kit'n'Kaboodle:

The side boob:

The greeeeen:

Specs:

LTD H-207

Ash Body
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Bridge PU: Tone Zone 7
Neck PU: Air Norton 7

Both pickups have been wired to be coil tapped with the volume and tone knobs as pull pots!

I'm pretty happy with it so far. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the gold hardware until after I secured the purchase, but that's okay, because it's my first seven and it doesn't affect the sound.

Who has two thumbs and is excited? This guy.

-Endo[/QUOTE]

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
I own one of these myself. With the pickup swap you should be quite happy. The necks are a little beefy but play great. :yesway:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I'ved owned a green myself before, very sick guitar. If you plan on changing pickups go Evolution in bridge and Air Norton in Neck. :metal:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I've never heard anything good about the TZ7. Hopefully you'll find it useable! :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still want to know what you're hiding with the blur. :squint:

I think I see a GSP1101 to the right. But what is swirled I don't know.
Ha ha, yeah right, I have no racks bud. The swirl is censoring elmo baby shoes, lmao. I live with a married couple and don't have kids myself, so I edited out what isn't part of my life, ha ha.

The Tone Zone 7 is just no good for metal. It's too warm and creamy for it. It's more suitable for jazz or light rock.

I just put a heavy set of strings (0.013-0.070) and it sounds a bit better, but I'm contemplating putting either a BKP Aftermath or Warpig in this sucker. Haven't decided yet.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
As much as I love the cockstock, I have to wonder what LTD was thinking when this design came to their door.

"yeah, we'll just put the logo awkwardly off to the side a bit, it'll be fine!"

I think it would have looked better horizontally down the middle of the headstock.

Also, gold hardware rocks. Don't be a hater :lol: If I had a 4+3 set of black tuners I'd trade them to you, but I don't :(

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
If you haven't tried a DiMarzio Evo7, it's great for metal, and about half the price of a BKP, and pairs very well with the Blaze Neck. The Evo7 is tight, and the BN is slightly scooped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts