Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to sell my extra 5 string bass (the Ibanez SR3-5 EPBM if anyone's looking for a 5 string bass) and my LTD MH-7 to pay for this, but it was so worth it.

Even got to demo it through a Pre-Gibson Mesa Badlander, which sounded amazing, BTW.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently these threads have run out of GAS?

Oh well, no sweat.

After Jonesing for this beauty for days, I finally took a hard look at all my gear and decided I had enough to sell to pay for this one. Went down to the shop yesterday, Capitol Guitars in St. Paul, and one of the 2 owners happened to be there - really cool guy. He worked me a smoking deal and an hour later I was driving home with it. Now I need to find an OHC that fits, as these are longer than standard 7 strings...

Didn't expect I'd be a fan of the Fishman's, but I instantly got a killer tone with it on both the Boss Katana Mini I got the other day and the Mesa Badlander and then my DSL1. And, the push/pull gives it a nice variety of different cool tones.

The only thing off about it was the bridge humbucker was angled back toward the bridge (the bridge coil sat deeper in the body and the neck side of the bridge humbucker sat higher) which I've seen with several of these body mount pickups. Quick easy fix and boom, instant metal machine.

I did chuckle a bit at the Jackson description of it:

jacksonguitars.com said:
With premium features catering to highly-technical playing, multi-dimensional tone and ergonomic design, the brand-new Jackson Pro Series Dinky™ DK Modern Ash HT7 model provides the ultimate high-performance experience for today's modern players.
I'm anything but "highly-technical" or a "modern metal" player. :lol: :James:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
That's a sick looking guitar. Jackson's official pictures make it look like a bag of shit :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I totally missed this thread! Fuck yeah dude, happy NGD! Also, you get to peel the little protective plastic off of the Gotohs! So satisfying...

That thing is going to be a breeze to maintain too. Those hipshot bridges are super easy to intonate, AND it has the easy access truss rod adjustment. Score!

:billted:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a sick looking guitar. Jackson's official pictures make it look like a bag of shit :lol:
Yeah, even these pictures don't do it justice. The "Baked Blue" (stoner depression... get it? ha!) has this sort of "electricity coming up through the cracks" thing going on in the right light that's just incredible. It reminds me of the first time I saw the Ride the Lightning album cover and just fell in love with that artwork.

I totally missed this thread! Fuck yeah dude, happy NGD! Also, you get to peel the little protective plastic off of the Gotohs! So satisfying...

That thing is going to be a breeze to maintain too. Those hipshot bridges are super easy to intonate, AND it has the easy access truss rod adjustment. Score!

:billted:
Thanks! This is like my 3rd happiest NGD ever (one being when I finally got my first Saber, the 2nd when I got my KM6). Haven't got to a place where I've peeled anything off yet, but will soon. Need to go hunt down a case for it today/tomorrow, then all that will commence.

Gorgeous guitar. Love the blue and black look.
Me too. It just has that "I want to sit and stare at it" effect. Can't wait to get it hung on the wall next to my KM6, Saber and Franken7.

The really crazy thing is, I like it so much I'm considering selling my Saber to buy the 6 string version of this.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
It just looks so easy to play, the bevels, the neck, just says fun to me congrats.

The OP was up since 3 yeasterday and you thought that was too long :cool:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I love that this is already a thing btw. :lol:
:rofl: yeah. Mine's in production now; I guess it'll be shit? Partially shit? :lol:

Awesome guitar, Iron1. I've generally hated these sandblasted guitars, but that's strictly based on vendor photos. This looks much better with a normal pic, for sure. Makes me wonder how the LTD Snappers are that have this done to them.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I missed this thread, too.

So the Pros come with the real Gotohs now? Cool, the last time around they had the shitty Ping locking tuners.

That does look a lot better in your pics than Jackson's. :yesway:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It just looks so easy to play, the bevels, the neck, just says fun to me congrats.

The OP was up since 3 yesterday and you thought that was too long :cool:
It's a blast to play - and, yeah, I'm impatient. :lol:

I love that this is already a thing btw. :lol:
The shop owner and I were joking about it, then I said Gibson should buy Kiesel and he was like "tell me about it." :lol:

:rofl: yeah. Mine's in production now; I guess it'll be shit? Partially shit? :lol:

Awesome guitar, Iron1. I've generally hated these sandblasted guitars, but that's strictly based on vendor photos. This looks much better with a normal pic, for sure. Makes me wonder how the LTD Snappers are that have this done to them.
They also had a Charvel with this finish hanging on the wall, but the grain cuts weren't nearly as deep so it didn't have the depth of texture the Jackson's do. Not sure about the LTD, though.

I missed this thread, too.

So the Pros come with the real Gotohs now? Cool, the last time around they had the shitty Ping locking tuners.

That does look a lot better in your pics than Jackson's. :yesway:
Yeah, I dig the tuners. Way better than the stock Jackson ones, by far. Now, if I can actually take some pro quality pictures, you'd really see it shine. @d photos just can't capture the texture. And it feels really cool, too.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Pics when you peel the Gotoh protectors off. I'm installing two sets tonight as well, so I'll be joining you in peeling satisfaction. :billted:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got Guitar Center to sell me a brand new Roadrunner case for it for $50 off. The easiest negotiation I've ever had. I'm guessing they're just happy to get any money at all from anyone... so if they have something you want...

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Yesterday was a little full :lol:

Sweet guitar! I love my PlanetWaves AutoTrim Locking tuners, but I have a set of Gotoh's that are far better than the Sperzels on another.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts