Metalguitarist.org banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So, this sweet Git-fiddle came with .9-.56 strings on it. And, while I have .11-64.s on my other 7s, I want to try keeping the stock size on this for now.

But, so far, all I've found is .9-.54 D'Addarios. My Google-Fu has only led me to discontinued Dean Markley's in .9-.56 and I really don't want to go the whole "buy a separate B string" route. Any suggestions?

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
So, this sweet Git-fiddle came with .9-.56 strings on it. And, while I have .11-64.s on my other 7s, I want to try keeping the stock size on this for now.

But, so far, all I've found is .9-.54 D'Addarios. My Google-Fu has only led me to discontinued Dean Markley's in .9-.56 and I really don't want to go the whole "buy a separate B string" route. Any suggestions?
You could try string joy. they have more options than anyone i've seen. they also do custom sets so you can pick each string, then they pack em up and send em out like a regular set.

new axe is fuckin awesome man! its giving me some gas!

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Gotohs are awesome! I have two guitars with Gotoh locking tuners and one with Sperzels. The Sperzels have more give and are less precise. The Gotoh are perfect. That guitar looks amazing too!

·
Change Everything
8,912 Posts
That looks great. Those sandblasted tops can be hit or miss but you got a really nice one.

Another vote for stringjoy. I get custom balanced tension sets for my 7s and have been very happy with them.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,247 Posts
I usually just buy D'addario .009-.059 set tbh. I've also got no qualms buying a 6 set and a single though, as I've gotta get 11-52+66 for drop G.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You could try string joy. they have more options than anyone i've seen. they also do custom sets so you can pick each string, then they pack em up and send em out like a regular set.

new axe is fuckin awesome man! its giving me some gas!
Thanks, I'll have to poke around the stringy site and see what I can find. Got a set of D'Addario 9-54s just to get by til I can do a proper set up on it and all that. And, yes, it is teh awesomeness!

Gotohs are awesome! I have two guitars with Gotoh locking tuners and one with Sperzels. The Sperzels have more give and are less precise. The Gotoh are perfect. That guitar looks amazing too!
This is my first set of Gotohs, gotta say I really like em!

Also, this :lol:
No SG for me. Ever. Not sure why but never picked one up that didn't make me want to put it right back down again...

That looks great. Those sandblasted tops can be hit or miss but you got a really nice one.

Another vote for stringjoy. I get custom balanced tension sets for my 7s and have been very happy with them.
Yeah, I actually looked at a bunch of 'em and came back to this one - just love the way the blue shows through on the left side of it. Looks amazing in white light.

I usually just buy D'addario .009-.059 set tbh. I've also got no qualms buying a 6 set and a single though, as I've gotta get 11-52+66 for drop G.
I'd have grabbed a set of 9-59s, but couldn't find any... maybe Stringjoy is my new jam.

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,755 Posts
No SG for me. Ever. Not sure why but never picked one up that didn't make me want to put it right back down again...
Same here. Even *I* think they're ugly, and I play a bunch of Ernie Balls!

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,755 Posts
I'd have grabbed a set of 9-59s, but couldn't find any... maybe Stringjoy is my new jam.
Their CS is really good too. I bought a whole bunch of their Baritone strings recently, just in case they go out of business or something - I wanted to have a bunch of spares. Shipping went crazy and my package got all jacked up and they were really cool and responsive about everything. :yesway:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Their CS is really good too. I bought a whole bunch of their Baritone strings recently, just in case they go out of business or something - I wanted to have a bunch of spares. Shipping went crazy and my package got all jacked up and they were really cool and responsive about everything. :yesway:
That's good to know ... the CS part, not the USPS sucks part...

Dug around on their site for a few and didn't see what I was looking for, although they definitely have some offerings for my other guitars. I'll have to keep hunting...

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Double Post

21 - 34 of 34 Posts