Metalguitarist.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up as a Christmas treat to myself... I got some bonus from work, and it was a good price due to being b-stock.

Very impressed with it so far. The neck is fantastic, and the Sustainiac is a lot of fun. I know the colour is not to everyone's taste, but personally I love it. In low light it actually looks like it's glowing :D

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Sunglasses mandatory - that's bright! :metal:

Have fun with the new guitar - I tried one of those Sustainiac equipped Schecters in a store some time ago, was a really fun guitar.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
Congrats! Love the color. And love Schecters, too. Hopefully picking another one up next month.

Don't they call that color "birch" or something? I can't figure that out - never saw a birch tree that color.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
None brighter. Oddly, I dig the six string versions of these, but not the 7s. Excellent score. :yesway:

·
Change Everything
8,911 Posts
how is the sustaniac? I really never tried one or had any interest in them but damn Schecter sticks them on a lot of guitars.

That guitar looks great tho i would rock the shit out of it.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,865 Posts
Nice! I bet stage lighting will really make it pop.

·
Dream Crusher
21,052 Posts
That is amazing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats! Love the color. And love Schecters, too. Hopefully picking another one up next month.

Don't they call that color "birch" or something? I can't figure that out - never saw a birch tree that color.
Yes, it's birch green... I wondered about that myself!

how is the sustaniac? I really never tried one or had any interest in them but damn Schecter sticks them on a lot of guitars.

That guitar looks great tho i would rock the shit out of it.
It's a lot of fun. It seems to work a lot better in some places than others; I guess that's probably where natural harmonics are occurring. So far all I've really used it for is crazy feedback divebombs at whisper-quiet volumes, but it's a nice effect and I can already think of a few things I want to re-record using it :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks a lot more yellow in the photo than it does in the flesh, tbh. But it is definitely towards the yellow end of the green spectrum :)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts