Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Charvel just came in. I didn't realize that today is also 14 years since my first lesson. I decided not to bring out the Deans for a full family pic. It's surprisingly lighter than the other two also. The shipping label was a nice meta touch. Letting my bogner warm up right now to play it loud.

Attachments

·
Read Only
10 Posts
******* is the official MG superstrat dealer. :lol:

Solid fiddle sir! Crackle FTW! :woohoo:

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
******* is the official MG superstrat dealer. :lol:

Solid fiddle sir! Crackle FTW! :woohoo:
This strat redefines what a super strat is. I always thought it was just a strat with humbuckers and a floyd. Nope, gotta have that, a coil tap, and killswitch too. *d tuna. Can't forget about that.

I do like how the body is almost a so cal but with a few more curves and the jackson neck plate. It's pretty much armed for war. Really tight sound too. I guess the pick ups aren't as high output as my other guitars but that'll make it easier to record things that aren't metal.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol that label
that was a nice touch. Im gonna have to cut that off and save it. Beats the time when my friend sent me copyright papers for a song we collabed on and he put the header of the envelope as "Max Martin"

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
My *** label is "Leon's Wayward Home for Mesas" :lol:

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive got the D tuna perfected now. Really cool to go from standard to drop d in a second.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
That is a nice axe man, enjoy it!

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
"Friend" is such a loose term isn't it? Because they sound a feel different you soulless heathens!!!!

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are friends and then there are acquaintances, his seem like the latter.
Na they're my friends. They just don't understand why I would want more guitars. Probably the same reason why I don't understand why people need 6 sports cars.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
You cant compare Guitars with Sports Cars...

One used to get a poor person chicks, the other would get you all the chicks you want but you needed to be rich in the first place :)

Ok now getting serious and On Topic.

Hows does the Plywood differs in sound from the normal wood ones?

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You cant compare Guitars with Sports Cars...

One used to get a poor person chicks, the other would get you all the chicks you want but you needed to be rich in the first place :)

Ok now getting serious and On Topic.

Hows does the Plywood differs in sound from the normal wood ones?
Honestly I don't think the difference is huge. Im starting to wonder how much wood type actually affects the tone.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Honestly I don't think the difference is huge. Im starting to wonder how much wood type actually affects the tone.
Im basically convinced that the differences are a thing we feel when playing because we are in contact with it and feel the vibrations, but otherwise and unless we are playing total clean, the differences will fade and its hard if not impossible to decipher, especially listening to a recorded version.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts