Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently this guitar was sitting in storage of the store I frequently haunt, and has been sitting on lay by from another customer for about a year. That customer has since abandoned the order and the store needed to get rid of the guitar. Knowing me as a loyal customer, they've heard my album, inspired by some of the classical parts, and slammed this on my lap with a massive price mark down.

It was an Ibanez G207 classical 7 string, and I just couldn't say no. :lol:

It took me some time to get used to the extra string in the classical environment, especially with the wide neck and string spacing that I'm used to on my Cordoba Flamenco. But it does feel nice to play. At first I was a little disappointed that there's no pickup option, but having spend some time in the studio lately, I got over it quickly. The sound on it's own is pretty resonant too, and that low B has a nice piano low note like ring.

This will make an interesting studio tool and I can't wait to show this to my classical teacher as well.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers fellas. :cheers:

I got to spend some more time with it yesterday. My right thumb is the only thing that's taking it's time getting used to the instrument but all good fun nonetheless. This will be fun to do more solo guitar arrangements that I've been so fond of lately.

I bet you could make some really deep sounding overlays to some 7 string Death Metal with that.
I'm actually thinking similarly as well. Along the lines of under black metal style tremolo picked chords but in flamenco style and drenched in reverb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.