Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, stupid thread title aside... but get it? my 3rd Ibanez PGM? And it's a PGM333? Thanks, I'll be here all week.

ANYWAY...

The 30th Anniversary Ibanez PGM333. Been eyeballing one of these for a bit now. Was watching this one on the ole reverb for shits and giggles and the price kept dropping so last week I jumped on it. The thing is mint. Interesting guitar for a PGM. Has a beefy neck. Did not expect that but having owned a Fireman, it's not surprising. And the DiMarzio PG-13 mini humbuckers... if you have listened to Paul Gilbert lately, yep, that's his sound. And the mahogany body makes this thing a tank and I love it. Give me all the heavy guitars.

Now I just need the PGM 90th Anniversary(plus all the other PGMs)... and the PGM 10th that I just remembered.

And the family shot...

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are you finding the PG13s?
They are different. Not hating on them but not what I am use to. They have a definite chime to them that just works. Kind of like halfway between a single coil and a humbucker? Granted, I haven't really spent a whole lot of time with them yet but I dig them.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
A heavy, mahogany bodied Ibby with a beefy neck? AND a reverse headstock?

:hans:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Gorgeous.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I really like those big inlays, even my blind eyes can see those babys! Congrats :kd:

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Yeah, in all my years on the Racer X forum I only ever saw PGM200s for sale in bad shape. :(

Shame that forum has now broken, as well as having died many years ago.

I guess PG not wanting to do Racer X again when Bouillet and Martin pitched it to him killed everything. :shrug:

Anyway, rad new axe Donnie, I'm with Chris, and I also dig the inlays. :wub:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Now we wait for the update with the Avatar cover video. (congrats!)

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now we wait for the update with the Avatar cover video. (congrats!)
:lol: Working on a Mr. Big one. My buddy all the way down in Australia did the drums and I just need to finish my end of it now. :D

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
:lol: Working on a Mr. Big one. My buddy all the way down in Australia did the drums and I just need to finish my end of it now. :D
I always see the IG posts at 5am when I get up "nice, a donnie video" :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts