Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course it isn't. This is:

Look at this thing. it's completely mint!

It was bought by a collector when they first came out, who "had it set up", then locked it away for 20 years and never played. What a total waste. I think people who buy purely to collect are dickheads. I have a strong disliking of them. Buying guitars, photographing them on a sheet, then locking them away. But I've obviously benefited from that, so I shouldn't be too negative. Still.....twit.

It needs a bit of a set-up (whoever 'sets these up' for this collector is laughing. Presumably they just leave it in their workshop for a bit then return them to the collector twit), but it's all working fine, and looks fucking gorgeous. I've wanted this model for like 17 years. Finally got one, and I'm over the frickin' moon!

Here it is with its younger sister, who's clearly been around the block (if you saw the thread for the P3, you'll know it's significantly beaten up and needs a bit of work, but still plays like a fucking champ).

And some sounds:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
clearly he didnt have it when he was playing these but you should now grow a comedy beard like Petrucci

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Well someone has a semi-on for Petrucci-related gear at the moment.

Absolutely amazing guitar man. Congrats :woot:

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
not a fan of this "look" but I get it.
looks like you scored a super clean one so congrats!
and I agree with the 'collectors" thing
I know someone local to me that at one point had well over 200 San Dimas Jacksons/Charvels
and none of them ever saw the light of day on a stage. Thankfully he's dispersed a large portion of that collection out.

·
Banned
357 Posts
:eek:
That is gorgeous mate, HNGD!

Also
not a fan of this "look" but I get it.
looks like you scored a super clean one so congrats!
and I agree with the 'collectors" thing
I know someone local to me that at one point had well over 200 San Dimas Jacksons/Charvels
and none of them ever saw the light of day on a stage. Thankfully he's dispersed a large portion of that collection out.
If he needs to get rid of any more I've got a place where one would be well cared for...

·
One-Two-Nine-Five
598 Posts
Yeah, that's fucking awesome dude.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts