1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another two-in-one day for me:

Wet box:

Open wet box (Oohhh, peanuts):

Contents - "I feel like i've done this before":

Great, but you already have one of these:

Yay, Box wrench!:

Here's my question: It's loose (the wrench on the nut, not the nut in the neck :ugh:) - What do I make of this? Dangerous? Safe? Stripping a truss rod nut is not appealing to me at all. I was told Jackson have a universal 7mm truss rod measurement.

Second question: The new nut needs the holes re-drilled but the drill keeps slipping in to the old hole. I was going to glue the old holes or maybe break off some tooth pick ends in them but I'm at a loss since I don't have either :rofl:

Feel free to merge this with my last thread if you feel the need :metal:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Single action truss rod means when the nut is loose it can come off, it's not attached other than being screwed on... nothing wrong there. Toothpicks plus glue for the win.

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Single action truss rod means when the nut is loose it can come off, it's not attached other than being screwed on... nothing wrong there. Toothpicks plus glue for the win.
I but the screw in the old hold and the drill kept it's course :metal:

one problem I think is that there's a tiny gap between the fingerboard and the nut on the bass side. I KNOW this is going to cause intonation problems but on what scale?

Edit: I just checked and the nut is as close to the nut as it can apparently be so I guess it's mission accomplished.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts