1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
All of the Gibson/Epiphone love on this site is quite :burns:

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
I've been jonesing for one of those so badly since they came out. I might start jamming in a casual band soon, so hopefully I'll be able to justify buying one. :lol: They're probably my favourite Gibson (or Epiphone) aside from the LP Custom. Awesome score. :yesway:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Awwwww yeaaaaahhhhh join the club mang!! Love mine. Looks like yours is a better specimen than mine though, mine had QC issues all over the fuckin joint, but plays like a dream now. How are the burstbuckers? I didn't get mine from new and they'd been swapped out by the time I got hold of it

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awwwww yeaaaaahhhhh join the club mang!! Love mine. Looks like yours is a better specimen than mine though, mine had QC issues all over the fuckin joint, but plays like a dream now. How are the burstbuckers? I didn't get mine from new and they'd been swapped out by the time I got hold of it
There are a few small things like tiny, and I mean TINY paint blemishes, but other than that it plays nice All the frets seem to be good, and the nut, The Burstbuckers are pretty cool actually.

i just got that same awful gig bag for my new epiphone futura! :lol:
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

And worse yet, there was an Epiphone Futura inside!
:facemelt: :lol: Yeah I'd like to get a hard case for it and a few others I got, like teh Matt Heafy LP7, and my Jr V.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
There are a few small things like tiny, and I mean TINY paint blemishes, but other than that it plays nice All the frets seem to be good, and the nut, The Burstbuckers are pretty cool actually.
Ah right, mine's fine in terms of finish, but it had a seriously badly cut nut slot, so the nut was sitting too low on the treble side, ended up replacing the nut completely (and having to shim the new one), but worst of all was the pickup placement/routing. The pole pieces didn't line up under the strings, they were about 2-3mm to the left. After taking the pickups out to put the EMG's in, I noticed the pickup rings were over to the side slightly. So after taking them off I find out they've actually made the pickup route a couple of mm further out on the bass side :lol: which also meant the scratch plate was slightly out of alignment and just... christ, it went on and on. Absolutely awful. But I drilled a few new holes, sorted a few things, and now it's all dandy :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Excellent guitar all around! The Burstbuckers sound great and that Richlite fret board is so smooth! \m/

I demand a Thunderhorse (the song) play-along! :james:

(Animated NSFW)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts