Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this sitting at Action Music in Falls Church for $300. It's a 1984 clone of the 70s Strats; 3-bolt microtilt neck, CBS-era headstock, bullet truss rod. It's loud as hell acoustically, and has the same awesome vintage sounding pickups the 80s Japanese Fenders used.

I'd really like to know what this means:

Some dipshit slapped an American flag sticker on it, gone before I bought it. In person, you can see the box and bars ever so faintly:

Frets are half torched, but it nails that Blackmore sound. On the bridge, it's rude and bright as hell. Tons of quack in the middle positions. It was such a serious blast to play, and I couldn't say no to the price.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Man, one of these days when I have money I really want to check out Action Music.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
It's possible that 38 just signifies to the company who inspected it. I don't know for sure though, just a guess. That thing looks awesome.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
I am the only one who thought it was pretty 'Murica that someone put an american flag on a Japanese guitar?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Total Yngwie, dude. Awesome!

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Fuck man that looks deadly, I never owned a strat but I love playing them maybe someday.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The rosewood fretboard is soooo thin, or I would do exactly that. :(

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Those early Tokai Silver Star & Springy Sound models were some of the best Strats around and that's an awesome score for the price you paid! :yesway:

Will this just be something cool to play around on or will it find it's way into a cover band situation too?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts