Specs:
Alder body
AA grade quilted maple top
Rosewood fretboard
Maple neck
Offset pearl dots
USRG Tension-Free neck
Dimarzio PAF Pro (neck) and ToneZone (bridge) pickups

From the serial number, I believe this was made in 1994. As you can see, it's got a fair few scuffs and scratches on the back, but the front is more or less pristine. Far more important is the fact that this is the fastest neck I have ever played on - this is probably around the same quality as my Kramer Nightswan II, but sadly the Kramer is most probably going to have to go to make room for this... We'll see!

I'm afraid the pictures are hardly pro quality, as the lighting in my house is pretty damn shoddy to say the least. I didn't really feel like venturing into the garden, especially as it's rather public and you always look like a bit of a fruit loop running around taking pictures of a guitar. Still, enjoy.

(Oh, and I know the strings are slightly out of the nut in some of the pictures - this was just after I'd put them on, and before tuning it up to pitch.)

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers dudes!

Not shabby. :yesway:

How rare are these?
Not incredibly rare, as far as I'm aware (and please correct me if anyone knows better), there were between around 2000 and 3000 USRGs made between 1994 and 1996. In some ways the USRG10 is probably rarer, in that it was only made between 1994 and 1995. Still, they're rare in the sense that you don't often see them for sale, at least this side of the pond!

Awesome guitar man, congrats :)
and sorry for the noob question, but how do these 0 tension necks work?
Haha, no worries man, I'm still trying to get my head around it. More info here: Bunker Guitars - Tension Free Guitar Neck

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Is it just me or does that guitar look kinda "cheap" :(
You look cheap, but we still like you. :lol:

Seriously, you kinda need to see it in person. It's a nice guitar. I've always really dug the USRG10's. A GC by me had a purpley one that was really sweet, but they wanted way too much for it.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
You look cheap, but we still like you. :lol:

Seriously, you kinda need to see it in person. It's a nice guitar. I've always really dug the USRG10's. A GC by me had a purpley one that was really sweet, but they wanted way too much for it.
I think its just the bridge and the knobs. It looks like a $99 guitar with it. Im really not trying to piss on Fred's thread. :shrug:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I love the top!!! Just beautiful! I do agree the knobs tend to make it look less then it really is. Whats up with the back of the neck? Does the brass bridge go all the way through? Can't say i've ever seen that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts