Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's another NGD here at stately Secret manor. Let's see what's arrived to day...

A beat up case! SEXY! oh wait, the sexy is inside...

It's a WORD!

Ibanez Maxxas MX-3! Semi hollow mahogany sexy goodness!

The backside!

and the headstock!

In all it's sexy glory!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
WARNING... THAT'S THE UGLIEST DAMN GUITAR I'VE SEEN ALL DAY!

Glad you like it though :)

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Droolariffic

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
i hate you :squint:.

:lol:

the Maxxas and the 540PII are the only old Ibanez's i would still consider buying.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
WARNING... THAT'S THE UGLIEST DAMN GUITAR I'VE SEEN ALL DAY!

Glad you like it though :)
Leon of all people calling a guitar ugly means that it's absolutely true. :lol:

Cool score though, specs are definitely spiffy but it's not my thing either.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice score! I bet it sounds great. I've always wanted to play a Maxxas after learning that Anders from At The Gates played one.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I always try to acquire MaxAss.

Cool guitar man, are these Indo or Japanese? I like the semi-hollow angle, didn't know Ibanez had anything other than the Artcore series with semi-hollows.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Japanese, Soop - it was Ibanez's attempt at a new "high end" line.

Those are pretty damned cool guitars - they have sort of a Jetsons futuristic vibe to them which, somehow, makes them sound decent, but I've played one of them before (I want to say it had an edge though...?) and it was sweet. :D

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I had one of those back when they came out. Neat idea, not the greatest execution. Was the genesis of the JEM, though, IIRC.

Anyway, I sold it when no one wanted them. Wish I'd kept it - and I've never seen one with a Edge, Drew - they had locking tuners, PRS-style.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Hmm. I'll have to talk to my buddy who bought it, as I really don't remember.

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Japanese, Soop - it was Ibanez's attempt at a new "high end" line.

Those are pretty damned cool guitars - they have sort of a Jetsons futuristic vibe to them which, somehow, makes them sound decent, but I've played one of them before (I want to say it had an edge though...?) and it was sweet. :D
He probably had the MX-2. Solid body with Edge bridge.

Far as the thread title, whoever changed it could have just changed it to lower case if it bothered them that much. Is it because the Maxxas isn't black? :p

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had one of those back when they came out. Neat idea, not the greatest execution. Was the genesis of the JEM, though, IIRC.

Anyway, I sold it when no one wanted them. Wish I'd kept it - and I've never seen one with a Edge, Drew - they had locking tuners, PRS-style.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts