Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NGD x 2 (JCustom and BRJ content)

So I picked this up about 3 weeks ago, and it needed the pickups rewired and a complete set up, so my tech (steve Morrill) set it up for me , took down the finish on the back of the neck , gunstock oiled it,shimmed the neck, leveled a couple of high frets, and swapped the trem arm for an OFR.

1999 RG7CT # 01 (the first one of the run of 24?)
Pretty sweet Ibby, I had my eye out for one of these for a while but the timing was never right, but this time it was so I grabbed it.
The main thing I did not like about my 8527 was that the frets were vey low.
the frets on this one feel very similar to a 7620 (that's more like it)
and the flame on this is much nicer than the one on my old 8527

My Rico jr. 7 finally arrived on Friday. (after 10 months)
It did not dissapoint.
beautiful craftsmanship, perfect fret work
I went with the black hardware and a Crunchlab/Liquifire combo in it.
it's got a 20 radius (very flat) fret board, it kind of threw me at first but after 2 days 'm already used to it and I'm really liking it.
His neck profile is insanely comfortable, it's rounder than an ibby 7 but it feels "thinner" ??:confused: it's hard to explain, but it's really comfortable
and I find myself playing things I find difficult to play on other 7's much easier on this one.
specs
all mahogany (wings and neck )
quilted maple top
blood red (it looks darker in person)
6100 fret wire
ebony board
OFR
bound neck and HS.
pull tap on the volume
diamond inlays
hesperian body
Bernies new 2/5 Headstock
my camera died on me so I only have a couple of pics right now.
(shitty ones at that)

I think I'm finally all set for 7's.:D

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Holy shit dude those are awesome. Post more pics now! :D

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Something about that Rico just doesn't sit right with me, but that's a gorgeous CT! :D

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Something about that Rico just doesn't sit right with me, but that's a gorgeous CT! :D
This. That Rico is nice, but something is just kinda, missing. Other than that, beautiful! That Ibby is something completely different though!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
It is the headstock design that works as an inline, but not as a x+y.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Something about the body contours, too, though. Maybe a slight burst would help. :shrug:

Anyway, it's easily one of the very few Ricos I've ever seen that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in public with, so I should stop nit-picking. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
The RG7CST was the line with only 24-ish made. The RG7CT was a more widely produced model.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
What's the difference between the two, anyway?

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
are you sure about that?:confused:
I thought the CT had 24 made for US and 24 made for overseas?
I know the CST is a rarer piece.
hell all I know is this is easily the best Ibanez 7 I've ever laid my hands on.

Drew/Dave the thing that's a bit 'different" on this body shape is that the back of the floyd route is 2 inches closer to the heel of the guitar so the amount of wood back there is shorter than you would normally expect on a "superstrat" shape.
If we ever get together again :rant:
You'll se it as soon as I open the case, the guitar actually looks "smaller"
but in reality it's just the 2 inches. The dimensions up and down are pretty much equal to the RG7.
Dave this is the most "traditional HS" I could get out of him, I fell in love with his 7 string necks last year but (even being a bit of a BRJ fanboy) I don't really like his other headstocks at all, so I actually pursued a GMW first but he cut the 7 string line off, so I had to "work" with Bernie on geting a HS that didn't look like someone from GWAR owned it :rofl: and had a more "soloist" shaped body.
I know this isn't much of a BRJ forum over here so I didn't expect the "OMGZ" that's fucking awesome :rofl:
I wanted a 7 , like Drew said, I wouldn't be emabarrased to play in a non metal environment. Bernies other 7's are way too "over the top" for an old guy like me.:) this one will work just fine.
BTW the Liquifire may be the best neck pickup I've heard yet.
Just amazing clarity.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QFT. :lol:

The Rico looks really nice.
Thanks Matt/Sean :yesway:

does anyone have actual numbers on those two Ibanez runs?
Now I'm a little confused:confused:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Really, it doesn't mean a thing, unless you're a collector. If you dig it, that's all you need to know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts