Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • SKB-R6 U.S. Roto Rack (6U)
  • Tripp-Lite Isobar Ultra8 (thanks for the tip, Josh!)
  • Rocktron Midi Mate (thanks, Rick!)
  • Gator GX-Bag-2112-12 Rugged Utility Bag
Getting to be nice and shapely. :agreed:

The Isobar is mounted to a rear rail via tie-wraps and features four isolated banks with 3840 Joules total surge energy protection, 40-80 dB EMI/RF filtration, tight hospital grade outlets :)jj:), a metal housing and a 12' cord. Best surge protection money can buy ($50); zero rack spaces consumed.

Rick's barely-used Midi Mate features phantom power and three modes of awesomeness. Rick shipped promptly, communicated like a champ, packaged with copious ESD-safe bubble-wrap and gave me a steal of a price. He even shipped FedEX like a pro. :yesway: P.S.: I approve of your one and only titled preset: "EVIL 1". :hsquid:

The gig bag staved off my GAS for a rackmount drawer, saving me 2U, $50 and 20-30 lbs. of weight depending on how much gear I was going to store in it. It's also the perfect width to tote the Midi Mate, with tons of room for spare cables, fifths of liquor, hero screwdrivers, etc.

Also snagged a 1' Belden/Neutrik XLR cable from Blue Jeans Cable to connect the Axe and Carvin in mono and a Rocktron RMM900 7-pin 25' MIDI cable. Tied all of the power cables into loose butterfly loops to eliminate noise pickup and keep them tidy. Finished off a damaged bottle of Jack while installing everything.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:yesway: Though I've cooked about 3-4 Tripp-Lite products in the last couple of years running off of generators, along with the hardware connected to them. ;(

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
It looks like using the Atomic like a vertical 2x12 might work well enough for putting a rack on top of it after all. How's the sound dispersion with it set vertically like that? Hmm. That rig is looking mighty fine, sir. :yesway:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:yesway: Though I've cooked about 3-4 Tripp-Lite products in the last couple of years running off of generators, along with the hardware connected to them. ;(
Isobars? If you fried one of them, you would have fried anything, watt the heck were you doing? :lol:

It looks like using the Atomic like a vertical 2x12 might work well enough for putting a rack on top of it after all. How's the sound dispersion with it set vertically like that? Hmm. That rig is looking mighty fine, sir. :yesway:
Sure does, budday. The axe is about at gut height, so it's not as high as a head on a 4x12, but it's at a good height for manipulation. The crowd dispersion is now even more excellent, as the horn is now facing sideways, and it still sounds very direct to me while I'm standing at least maybe 3' away.

I still think the rig deserves a second one to set beside the first... :D Would add a touch of stability, and the option to point the drivers in slightly different directions (more fill or some stereo separation, though I'll likely stick to mono).

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Isobars? If you fried one of them, you would have fried anything, watt the heck were you doing? :lol:
Not necessarily that exact model. I was driving around in this:

After setting it up, running it off of ground power.

And enjoying the luxurious, spacious accommodations associated with recon. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Holy shit, a Hummer H2 actually being used for something other than guzzling gas and taking up too much space on the road!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy shit, a Hummer H2 actually being used for something other than guzzling gas and taking up too much space on the road!
I saw this post on the MGSpy and thought, "Who the fuck derailed my thread that far... and HOW?!" :lol:

Awesome, Chris. :yesway:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ No, I was thinking more along the lines of, "I need to buy someone a glass of beer for that one." Epic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts