1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Untitled.jpg

It looks and plays like Sadness.
I love it.

Now I have to wait until Tuesday due to it being a long weekend.

Fuck you FedEx

·
Guiterrorizer
15,697 Posts
They arent on a 7-day-a-week delivery due to backlog?

·
Señor Member
12,303 Posts
I was 80% sure you were gonna make us guess what it is based on a FedEx tracking page :lol:

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I left enough of it exposed you would have guessed already.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
I played one of those in a local shop recently. Seriously sweet guitars. Congrats!

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I played one of those in a local shop recently. Seriously sweet guitars. Congrats!
I am so jealous right now. I can't wait to get my mitts on this thing.

It ticks all the boxes for me. Nick (Axe Palace) was gushing to me about it and made an offer I couldn't refuse. It wasn't really even on my list when I was talking to him about a few others but he kept coming back to it saying it is flawless.
I have always wanted a proper soloist but have seen a lot of recent QC horror stories and I don't have the option to try a few out looking for a gem locally. I also can't justify shelling out $5000 moose bucks on a USA model. These are made in Korea which I wasn't aware Jackson was even doing.

The only thing I don't absolutely love about it is the single shark fin inlay on the 12th but if it plays as good as it looks I will get over it.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,697 Posts
I didn't realize there was a guitar behind the fedex logo :lol:.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm willing to bet that MIK "Wildcard" plays, sounds and has build quality to rival a MIJ & MIA modal.
Congrats

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
I am so jealous right now. I can't wait to get my mitts on this thing.

It ticks all the boxes for me. Nick (Axe Palace) was gushing to me about it and made an offer I couldn't refuse. It wasn't really even on my list when I was talking to him about a few others but he kept coming back to it saying it is flawless.
I have always wanted a proper soloist but have seen a lot of recent QC horror stories and I don't have the option to try a few out looking for a gem locally. I also can't justify shelling out $5000 moose bucks on a USA model. These are made in Korea which I wasn't aware Jackson was even doing.

The only thing I don't absolutely love about it is the single shark fin inlay on the 12th but if it plays as good as it looks I will get over it.
Yeah, I had to put it down cause I didn't want to love it. :lol: The shop I got my H7 from has 2 of them in stock, or at least they did a few weeks ago.

As for MIK, my H7 is the best 7 string I've ever played, and that includes a variety of other Jacksons, some Ibbys, several Schecters and my anniversary LTD H7.

While the waiting sucks, once you have it you'll realize it was worth waiting for if it's like the one I played.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I hate FedEx a little less today. They delivered this magnificent bastard in the middle of a Blizzard.

I am absolutely floored by this thing. I can't fault it for anything other than the control placement. The fit and finish is solid. The fretwork is flawless and it plays like butter.
I am not sold on the Fishman Moderns yet. I don't really get on with V1 and much prefer the "passive" voicing but I am not going to judge this based on the pickup choice as they will be easy enough to unload and replace.

Props to Nick for pointing me in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts