Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Plank you very much. I can't take the credit as a contractor laid the flooring.

Sorry...I will see myself out now.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Still absolutely love this guitar but the control placement makes absolutely no fucking sense. The volume knob is unavoidable. That might come down to my shitty technique but I have never had this issue before. Have they always been laid out like this? This is my first soloist with the exception of a SLSMG. I am going to ditch the tone knob because they are useless and move the volume to it.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Still absolutely love this guitar but the control placement makes absolutely no fucking sense. The volume knob is unavoidable. That might come down to my shitty technique but I have never had this issue before. Have they always been laid out like this? This is my first soloist with the exception of a SLSMG. I am going to ditch the tone knob because they are useless and move the volume to it.
Ever since they moved the knob back away from the bridge pickup it's in the way of the bar, and vice-versa. Then again, I'm convinced you can't put the volume in the "right" place with a recessed Floyd, so...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Both of my Jacksons have the Tone removed and the volume relocated to the tone knob location. IDK why they put it where they do... but it does not work for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have always wanted a proper soloist but have seen a lot of recent QC horror stories and I don't have the option to try a few out looking for a gem locally. I also can't justify shelling out $5000 moose bucks on a USA model. These are made in Korea which I wasn't aware Jackson was even doing. vidmate instasave

21 - 30 of 30 Posts