Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing I bought yesterday. Made In Japan Rg 520QS 24 frets, mahagony body with quilted sapele top. Shitty v7 v8 pickups.Edge trem.

Need to change strings,oil the fretboard and get some new pickups in asap.

Then While browsing Craigslist I seen this and snagged this like a few hours after the Ibanez :lol: I will wind up selling this one or parting it out.

"San Dimas" partscaster. All parts neck, ebony fretboard with 12" radius, Mighty mite ash body, GFS Sperzel style staggered locking tuners, Wilkinson Trem (not sure of model) and Emg-x 81.

Not sure what that black line is on the back of the neck. Sorry I didn't realise that the front shot came out so dark and shitty. :(

Also I put this amp on layaway. Buy Egnater Tourmaster Series 4212 All-Tube Guitar Combo Amp | Tube Combo Amps | Musician's Friend :D Got a great deal on it.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Dude, that RG board is do dry, it looks like it's maple :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I recentl saw a Charvel San Dimas Wild Card #3 in flat black (maple fretboard, chrome hardware) and man, was it ever tempting.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
When you sell that RG, you will sell it to me, or I will find you, and kick you in the dick. A lot.

Awesome guitars dude.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Man, take it slow oiling that RG's board. You might crack it :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Damn, that Ibanez is really clean for a 99 guitar. Nice score on both dude, but don't dare part out the parts-o-caster, it's too nice as it is.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I used to own a 520QS in blue - really nice guitar. :yesway:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
those guitars look like hard candy that I want break off with my teeth. Nice scores man!

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
another +1 on the 520QS. It's funny... I've owned a veritable pile of 2000-and-earlier RGs, and the 520QSs are the only ones that are REALLY clean when I get them. The Mahogany must be more resistant to damage. That, or they're so pretty that the owners baby them more.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Mine got chipped to shit. :lol: The finish just flaked off whenever it cracked.

Man, I almost forgot about that guitar - it was really a pretty sweet instrument, but the neck was a little thin for my tastes. I ended up trading it in when I got my first 7.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Good choice on the 520QS. and the partsocaster is sweet too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts