Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is right; New Headphones Day. I've been stuck using my absolutely craptacular Sony cans for mixing for the last year, and I have finally got something much, much better to use... Behold!

http://www.catfacts.org/maine-****-cat-facts-2.jpg

Wait... No, that's not right;

:metal:

Initial thoughts:

These things sound absolutely fucking incredible. Hell of a lot of spill from them (open back headphones will do that :lol:), but the depth of the sound and the "width" of the soundstage is just incredible.

Apparently there's a 100-300 hour "burn in" before they sound their best, but being so used to terrible 'phones these things have impressed me already :lol:

EDIT: Note the Chaos Space Marine Land Raider behind the headphones in that last pic :rofl:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awesome, I got some free Harmon kardon ones yesterday as well.

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can see how that would be the case :lol: I read so many amazing reviews on them, the only really negative things were a lack of bass in some situations (usually when the headphone output isn't giving much power), and the price.

So I ordered a small headphone amp and got them for Christmas :lol:

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
Nice phones, Demoniac :yesway:

I just got a pair of AKG K240MKII. They're so nice, top notch headphones. My mixes got so much better once I got them.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Its' usually down to these and Sony MDRs. I have the MDRs. :)

But they're similar in terms of performance. Great headphones make a WORLD of difference. Good for you, and welcome to the GHPCFM. (Good Headphone Club For Men)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts