What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too, but the wife would kick the crap out of me. :roll2:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It did! I'm really happy with it. The Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder's are quite nice. I need to get it setup as there is some neck buzz, but nothing too bad. I raised the bridge a bit and that got rid of most of it. The swamp ash grain is nice on the eyes too. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow... $599 BIN on that ESP? That's just ridiculous!
Ridiculous in a good or bad way? I think it's a good deal. I got mine for $600 including shipping, so I feel pretty good.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Dont forget if you use the microsoft live.com you can get an extra 8% off the BIN price, that is a savings of $47.92

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Dont forget if you use the microsoft live.com you can get an extra 8% off the BIN price, that is a savings of $47.92
:eek:rly:
It did! I'm really happy with it. The Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder's are quite nice. I need to get it setup as there is some neck buzz, but nothing too bad. I raised the bridge a bit and that got rid of most of it. The swamp ash grain is nice on the eyes too. :yesway:
Very cool! Post pics! :D

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Ridiculous in a good or bad way? I think it's a good deal. I got mine for $600 including shipping, so I feel pretty good.
If been looking at Mirages for a while now and it probably came up to that price because of the trem. The non-floyd ones, I've seen many go around 300-400$. So 600$ is a bit on the expensive side, considering it's not an original floyd in there. Still a very good price for that good a guitar imo.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If been looking at Mirages for a while now and it probably came up to that price because of the trem. The non-floyd ones, I've seen many go around 300-400$. So 600$ is a bit on the expensive side, considering it's not an original floyd in there. Still a very good price for that good a guitar imo.
True. I did get an OFR on mine. I sold my Horizon for around this much as well which also had an OFR. It's strange ESP had so many variations with the bridges on these. I was shocked just to see a 90's era Mirage with a Floyd style bridge on it. The only ones I saw in the 90's had Wilkinson's.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very cool! Post pics! :D
:yesway: I will. I want to take some pictures outside, but it's been raining for about a month straight here in good old New England.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Somebody buy this. I have one with a Wilkinson, and it will SMOKE nearly any guitar of equal to or double the asking price.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Honestly, these things are a steal. These "The Mirage" models are real ESP Japan-made instruments that are selling for half of what they sold for 10-15 years ago.

Even at $600 (which is the most I've seen one of these go for) it's a fantastic deal, and the aftermarket pickups and coil-split switch are a big plus. Only thing I'd swap would be the 3-way switch for a 5-way selector for that all-important "in-between" neck-middle single-coil sound.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
That three way switch is an odd choice on a super strat. Fortunately it is a cheap upgrade.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts