Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
I was very skeptical about the supposed improvements of a remaster, as there's only so much you can do when all you have is the final mix, but the stream in the link above seems somehow more pleasant to listen to. It definitely sounds more compressed than the original to me, in a good way.

·
18,790 Posts
Listening now, only took about 30 seconds of "Head Like A Hole" before I was going "Holy shit! :eek: " Sounds so much clearer and the separation, as Darren said, is incredible. I hope Broken gets the same treatment. The Downward Spiral already sounded good enough that the "re-master" they did a few years back wasn't anything too drastic, but the 5.1 mix is very cool, so I hope The Fragile gets that kind of treatment some day.

What's really cool about this re-master is being able to hear how low-tech some of this sounds, especially compared to his later productions. "Terrible Lie", especially the vocals, sounds so raw, it's amazing. I haven't heard the original CD in years, but I took it out from the local public library (yeah, they had it :lol: ) back in high school.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts