Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's official. I'm like Goldilocks.

First, I tried the 13" porridge, but x800 resolution was too small.
Then, I tried the 17" porridge, which was nice and big, but too fucking big to us on a plane.
Then, I tried the 15" porridge, which was a nice compromise, but sadly, still too big to use on a plane if the guy in front of me decided to recline his seat.

So, after much ado (and a bunch of wasted money...) I picked up another 13" today. I wish it was a little better than 1280x800, but for $999 I couldn't pass it up. The form factor is definitely "just right" for the plane, it's easy to travel with, and it'll do netflix, movies, and a little WoW here and there with no problem, without being too hard on the purse strings.

Here's a shitty dark pic. :lol:

I wish I'd had the foresight to make images of each size so that I could just TM my apps onto it, and run SW Update, but hell, setting up a new machine is half the fun anyway. :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's like that on the new Macbook Pros too. You have to enable secondary click. :lol:

I have an older MBP from work (the old black style) that doesn't have SC on the trackpad, and it's fucking obnoxious.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Damn chris

of course you know that now they will come out with one that has a bigger resolution :lol:

Grats man

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oddly, I don't really mind it as much as I did the first time around, because I'm used to it. I just went straight from 2560x1440 to 1280x800 and it was a bit of a system shock. :lol:

Great little machine, especially for the price (given the Mac tax and all). I was able to watch 3 movies last time I traveled with my first 13", and still had about 1/4 battery left when I got off the plane. :yesway:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Which spec one is this?

EDIT: Nice score btw, I love my MacBook Pro (even if I am still a noob on it at the moment) :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which spec one is this?

EDIT: Nice score btw, I love my MacBook Pro (even if I am still a noob on it at the moment) :yesway:
Just the 2.4Ghz with the 250GB drive, and I threw 8GB of RAM at it. It's just a travel box, so I didn't really need/couldn't justify the upcharge for the 2.66 - all i really do with it is watch movies, bang out emails, and play Torchlight on Steam.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.351 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/245)

Chris said:
Which spec one is this?

Just the 2.4Ghz with the 250GB drive, and I threw 8GB of RAM at it. It's just a travel box, so I didn't really need/couldn't justify the upcharge for the 2.66 - all i really do with it is watch movies, bang out emails, and play Torchlight on Steam.
Haha. So its probably overpowered for what you need it for anyway. You could use it for recording with those specs as long as you weren't running an insane amount of plugins! :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I record here and there with one of my Mac Minis, which has less specs than that. :lol:

OSX, FTMFW.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.351 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/245)

OSX and apple in general fucking rule. Haha.
Out of curiosity, did you upgrate the memory to 8gb through apple or on your own?
Do you have an iMac as well?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On my own, Apple wanted like $600 for it. I got it online for just over $200. :lol:

And yea, I have a 27" iMac, and a couple of Minis as well.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts

You know dude, sometimes, I hate you :lol:
Did you install is yourself? Also, cause apple didn't do it, does it screw the warranty? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to go to 8 gb on mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts