Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years and years of Logitech making awesome mice with terrible reliability (in my experience), I finally got something else. I LOVE the MX Revolution, but the RF on it just hates every Mac I use it on, and I went through 3 of them (at $100+ each).

I had a Performance MX until today (also $100~) and the right click died on me. So I decided to bite the bullet and try the Razer Naga.

Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.? | Online Store - Razer Naga Expert MMO Gaming Mouse | Buy Razer Naga

It's marketing is kind of cheeseball, with all the MMO leet-speak around it, but at the end of the day it's a great looking/feeling mouse with basically a full programmable number pad on the side. It has a mode switch for the side buttons, so you can use it as a standard NumPad, or 12 macros.

Only had it a few hours, and other than it being a little on the light side (I like heavy mice), it's pretty damn nice. Since I use a Dinovo Edge for a keyboard (which doesn't have a number pad), it's nice to have the option for apps/games that have actions bound to the pad that I can't change.

For the 12 macros, it's extremely kickass, though honestly only the first 3 rows are easily/quickly thumb-reachable without having to think about it. I have them set for things like Spotlight, new Finder window, Terminal, and shit like that.

As an added bonus (and a big part of the allure, since I do 99% of my gaming on the XBos) I should be able to do some super cool Reaper stuff with it - 12 full macros one button away? Yes please.

So far so good, just wish it wasn't so light. Razer's packaging is really sharp, and even the cord on it is braided fiber instead of the standard plastic/rubber kind on most wired mice. :yesway:

Plus, LOOK AT THE LIGHTS. The big logo actually pulses while it's sitting there too. Blinky lights = better recordings!

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Man that looks nice. My MX Revolution has been giving me shit lately too and I need to replace it soonish. Is that a wire I see there? I've been leaning towards going wired again.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man that looks nice. My MX Revolution has been giving me shit lately too and I need to replace it soonish. Is that a wire I see there? I've been leaning towards going wired again.
Yeah, it's wired. The Performance MX didn't have a charger - it was charged by plugging in a long USB cable. Since it had shit battery life, and it really didn't bother me, I always had the cable plugged in anyway.

It's a shame that Logi doesn't make the Rev anymore, and that I had such bad luck with because the Rev is far and away the best mouse that I have ever used. Weight, feel, and that side scroll wheel is just fucking awesome. But it uses the old RF dongle and didn't work with my new Logi stuff which all comes with the "Unifying Receiver" (the small dongle that picks up everything).

This thing seems pretty damn good, and the only other Razer product that I own is the Sphex mouse pad type thing, which is FUCKING FANTASTIC and something that (imo) everyone should own considering how cheap it is.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
Nice! I have never been able to use Razer mice due to the low profile. I prefer more to grip but I was eyeballing that one the other day. All of the other Razers are way too flat for me.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
My Mx Performance and the MBP get along fine, but no lie about the battery being goddamn awful and it always being plugged in. only had it since January though.

and fuck yes on the sphex, although the i prefer the exactmat, but i definitely prefer the price on the sphex :lol:

and i went with the older generation of mac dinovo, where i still have to use RF, cause fuck not having a number pad, seriously.
FUCK THAT :lol:

[action=Max]really wishes that his performance mouse and dinovo had bluetooth, so he had open usb ports :/[/action]

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
and i went with the older generation of mac dinovo, where i still have to use RF, cause fuck not having a number pad, seriously.
FUCK THAT :lol:
According to Chris, you and I are, like, the only people in the world who actually use number pads. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I miss my number pad :(

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I also use them, since I'm entering IP addresses all day long.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I spend all day screwing with long strings of numbers. It's WAY faster with a keypad than without. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts