Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That wouldn't surprise me. If there's one thing we have a really hard time comprehending, it's infinity.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Sounds like bullshit to me. Not the "infinite universe part," but the way they try to explain away what we don't understand now with a single equation. It's like "Eh, I don't like singularities and dark matter. The fact that the laws of physics break down at the big bang doesn't sit well with me. Let's come up with an equation that'll get rid of all that."

I think the universe very well might be infinite in that 13.8 billion years ago there was the big bang and maybe before that, there was another universe and another big bang and before that there was another universe and another big bang. Then again, it's impossible to see before the big bang, so that's just conjecture.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Sounds like some folks stuck some old boundary conditions into an old equation, and are purporting that it explains things.

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Laws of physics are just a bunch of rules humans made up based on what we know and understand.
Doesn't mean things aren't possible.

Reactions: 1

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
That wouldn't surprise me. If there's one thing we have a really hard time comprehending, it's infinity.
I've thought about this a lot, and just when I think I'm there, there's more beyond it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts