Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 80 W combo amp (peavey bandit 112 transtube, the newest version). When i play with a drummer i need to crank up the volume... well this causes a lot of feedback. So my question is: Since i dont want to buy a pedal that is just a noise gate... could a distortion pedal with a built in gate get rid of the feedback? for example the MXR fullbore metal pedal etc.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
That would work but if you're willing to spend more check out the Amptweaker Tight Metal Pedal :yesway:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you end up going only with a noisegate the ISP decimator is the standard.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'd say maybe back off your gain a little too. I find people tend to over apply the gain at low volume but you don't need it when you turn up. If I were you I'd just save a bit and get a nice gate pedal. You'll probably have it for years so I wouldn't be too concerned getting a combo pedal.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
+1 and try standing a little further away as well as try facing different directions.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
+2 for less gain and the ISP Decimator :metal:

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Less gain, and ISP decimators are the best noise gate I have ever used (talking about the rack version, never tried the pedal). Quality stuff that just works and doesn't fuck with dynamics. Can't beat it.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
The ISP Decimator pedal absolutely rules I never had much luck with the Boss one though.
This is the general consensus I've heard around forums as well, I've only ever played with the ISP but a lot of my buddies swear by the ISP's and rage about how shitty their old NS-2's were :lol:

·
Registered
617 Posts
This is the general consensus I've heard around forums as well, I've only ever played with the ISP but a lot of my buddies swear by the ISP's and rage about how shitty their old NS-2's were :lol:
Yeah some guys I know say the same thing. They ditched their NS-2s and went for the ISP and were going on about how much the Boss had altered the tone.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I always read heard that the boss took away some low end... but then recently I read that it compresses the signal a bit... dunno, but my ISP is awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts