Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from GuitarCenter, where I played some pretty nice strat with Noiseless pickups. I thought they sounded pretty good, and as the name claims, they were pretty hum-free, even through a JSX on the ubergain channel :yesway:

They wanted $440 for the guitar, and I may consider it. It's a Mexi, but it played very nice. The bridge needs to go, though :lol:

·
Mr. Oni Guitars
1,366 Posts
Be these the Fender Noiseless pickups? For genuine Strattishness I'd take DiMarzio Virtuals etc. but I can imagine the Fender pickups sounding a little better distorted.

·
MG.org-er
2,137 Posts
Frank Falbo told me of the Seymour Duncan stacks that are supposed to sound incredibly close to true single coils. I wish that I could remember. :(

·
Mr. Oni Guitars
1,366 Posts
I think I heard that the Duncan stacks had been improved, or newer models introduced? I love the redesigned housings they have now :yesway:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Duncan now has their Stack Plus design. According to Duncan it is virtually noise free. Frank Falbo posted on here that there will be two new models coming out soon. A Custom that is like the Custom Staggered Strat pickups and a Vintage Hot model to go along with the Classic and the Hot.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I just got back from GuitarCenter, where I played some pretty nice strat with Noiseless pickups. I thought they sounded pretty good, and as the name claims, they were pretty hum-free, even through a JSX on the ubergain channel :yesway:

They wanted $440 for the guitar, and I may consider it. It's a Mexi, but it played very nice. The bridge needs to go, though :lol:
Yeah, those are Fender pickups, dude. :lol:

The first generation blew, hardcore. I remember the first time I played a strat with a set of them, they sounded totally sterile, lifeless, and uninspiring. And, I had maybe three years of playing under my belt back then and most of it waspunk and Nirvana, so if I could hearit, it was bad. :lol:

That said, I played a pair not too long ago, and they sounded worlds better. I'm assuming there must have been a redesign since they first came out, or maybe that particular guitar was just a dog.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
the fender noiseless pickups are SHIIITTTYYy. theyve gotten way better, but id still take the vintage stacks from duncan over em any day.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This guitar wasn't bad at all. Burst finish and a maple board. Like I said, the bridge needed to go :lol:, but the pickups weren't bad. I'd be interested in the SD Stacks that Eric pointed out, though, if I got a strat. Those look pretty cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts