Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Never had a problem with spring noise :shrug:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me neither TBH, but black looks cooler.

Fucking Guitar Parts Depot went under, anyone know a good place to get official Schaller trem springs? Yes, I need official Schaller, because I am a snob. If they are like $6 for three I'll probably go for those over the FU ones.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I put pieces of cut bandana under my springs.

Springs love bandanas.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Foam + duct tape = silence. I do it to every guitar, plus some foam behind the nut. Even if you don't hear the spring noise, do it anyway and you'll hear a noticeable tightness.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I'm sure bananas would work. Let me know how that goes :yesway:

:lol:

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Foam! Is all you need. But If I was ordering new springs for any reason, I'd order noiseless ones just to try em

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ordered four sets.

FU can suck a dick for their blatant price gauging on USPS shipping though. $12? 12 springs in a padded envelope costs $4 tops, and those fuckers don't even go the extra 35 cents for tracking IIRC.

Seriously,

SUCK. A. DICK.

Its not like the profit margins are small on fucking springs either. These are probably like 2 cents each to make.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
You still ordered them, right? What is their motivation to lower the shipping price, since you just paid it? :lol:

·
Registered
160 Posts
what cheap noiseless springs? grab a piece of heat shrink tubing and insert your springs into it. Apply hot. Problem solved.

Older ESP guitars came with this :D

Best of all, you can by the tube in a variety of colors!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts