Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:yesway:

You guys are micing amps vs going direct this time around, yeah? Can't wait to hear it man!

(Make Nolly do a 12 minute shred solo, plz)

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
i actually mic'd up my axe2 going through a power amp into a cab and was really happy with what i ended up with. the character changes so much when it goes into a cab/mic compared to direct. I love both and will likely use both in different ways. i'm betting they will do the same.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
He was telling me that the plan was to do all AxeFx.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Nice tones, what programme is that that you're recording on? Still Cubase on Windows?

I'm sorry if this question has come up before, but what amp models do you use for your main rhythm tone?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
on Facebook bulb/the gang has shown that they are running their AxeFx's into the power amp stage of a 5150III into a Mesa 4x12 cab, the program they are using for recording most certainly appears to be ProTools on a Mac. :D

Jake sounds like everybody in my band right now. :lol:
You mean Spencer, their singer at the end of the video? :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I believe they're also using actual drums, augmented with samples this time around.

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
I was asking them about the new setup and they responded that they are going to make an impulse out of the setup. My only question is what made them decide on using that Mesa cab?

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
:lol: Nice video. Looking forward to the new album. :metal: Thought the tone sounded great... but Bulb and Nolly both always have amazing tone... so that's no surprise.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts