Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Man! What's going on? I guess it's just part of what happens with a band but it seems like Periphery is making such a name for themselves that it's a shame that they all can't hang in there.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I'm sure he's just filling in temporarily to help get them through their touring commitments (i.e. the European tour with Dream Theater starting in January).

·
Premium Member
RGMS7
922 Posts
I'm sure he's just filling in temporarily to help get them through their touring commitments (i.e. the European tour with Dream Theater starting in January).
Yeah that'd be my guess, as IIRC he was slated to fill in on guitar before, but with Tom leaving they put Nolly on bass and now Mark Halcomb is the new periphery guitarist.

They certainly have had quite the tumultuous line-up.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not everyone enjoys the touring band lifestyle as much as they think they will.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not everyone enjoys the touring band lifestyle as much as they think they will.
i would fucking hate it.

·
18,790 Posts

^ :agreed: to all above.

You really have to want to do it, and have a good plan on how to pay for it, and a backup plan for when that falls through.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
While I would love to do music for a living, touring is something I could not see myself liking. :ugh:

A lot of famous musicians (as in people who don't play metal) oftentimes quit their bands because they don't like touring or don't want to tour as much as the rest of the band. :shrug:

·
HOLY DIVE-AH!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah,
If i ever tour (not happening... i hear you actually have to be good to get signed, or sing to underage bitches like nickleback), i'd have to insist on having a full fledge bus with a kitchen and frige to cook real food. i HATE HATE HATE fast food and everything about it. Not having a 'home bowl advantage' sucks too.

That's a similar reason as to why i don't really want to be in a band locally either. Sometimes, I just don't feel like going out, or staying up till 3am... or having to play twice a week at a set time every week.... it's like a frigging marriage. 50% of those die, so it's only fitting that some people can't 'hack' it on the road.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
hrm. It'd probably be more fun to sub as a guitarist... and then there's

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
But Nolly was going to be the third guitarist for the European tour, so he'd share a stage with dream theater anyways :)

I'm sure he'll do a damn fine job, but it's a damn shame he misses out on the (much cooler) guitar playing :lol:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts