Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some quick guidance. i've got a guy in MI looking to trade out his JSX for something portable, and he's interested in my Nomad.

would this be a straight-up trade, as far as market value goes? i'm pretty interested in the JSX, but i'm also interested in it's resale-ability, as i'll probably sell it later on for a Mark V.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
youll probably get ~ the same price used, depending on the market at the time. Sometimes JSX's are scarce and go for decent prices, other times theyre all over the place and can be had for less than 1200 jack in the box tacos

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as long as jack-in-the-box tacos are more than $0.50 a piece, that sounds good :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
well, urmm...

theyre 2 for a dollar :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Mesa has a lot better resale value than Peavey, and coming from a Nomad, you're going to hate the JSX. You think you have lifeless cleans now?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, Dave, it's probably going to happen that way, anyways. the guy got a trade offer for an old Super Reverb.

ah well. it's probably for the better.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
A JSX to a Super Reverb?

He is SO not going to get on with that amp. :lol: Neither's the dude trading the Super Reverb, lol.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol:

yeah, i figured my amp was a more in-the-genre trade, but i guess both guys are looking for different sounds.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i actually like the cleans more. Ch2 and Ch3 are pretty cool, as far as the one i tried out (many times) at GC goes. but, i suppose with some quality tubes and tweaking, it'd be pretty badass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts