Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Barnes & Noble Nook Color eBook Reader Gets Android 2.2 Port Specs, Reviews, News and Price Info - MobileWhack.com

Now, I know Google has pretty much already said that current generation of Android isn't really designed with tablets in mind, and to wait until 3.0; however, depending on the price, it's hard not to be tempted to try this out. I was really tempted to pickup the Huawei - Ideos 7" Tablet S7 - White - S7-104 but the low-res and resistive touchscreen is kinda 'meh'.

The specs on the Nook Color (resolution, connectors, thickness, weight etc.) seem pretty hard to beat if it runs Android 2.2 decently, especially for only $250.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I've been A/Bing the specs on the two of them over the last day.

My breakdown so far:
The front facing camera, processor, HDMI output, 250gig HDD, bluetooth and preloaded Froyo on the Archos are the perks on their side. The design/compactness, the resolution, RAM, screen quality, price and availability of the NookColor are the perks on that side.

Still a tough decision.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
The Archos 70 has 8g in the 279.99 flavor... It's an extra $100 for 250gb. Still not a deal breaker, but I'd rather go for the Nook I think. I'll have to check a Nook Color out in person.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a BIG selling point to me. I said "Hey, what about that NookColor?" and drove 5 minutes down the road on lunch break and fucked around with one for a half hour. If anybody can track down a place where you can do that with the Archos, let me know. :lol:

Also, the quality of the NookColor and how slim it feels in your hands (versus most tablets, minus the Galaxy Tab or the iPad, that feel like you're holding a netbook that's been ripped in half) are super bonus points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts