Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took apart my Swampcaster last night and installed the Nordstrand....little did I know that the pickup in the Tele was actually a Fender Custom Shop pickup. :yesway: The pickup that was in it was very nice, but it had too much highs. I have my Tele tuned to Open C and I use a lot of open notes, especially on the high strings and with the Fender pickup they sometimes ring out Too much. In comes the Nordstrand....wow. THIS is a fucking tele pickup! Its got a bit more of that tele "quack", more mids, and less high end. When I dig into the open high strings during some of my riffs, its just enough high end now, no overbearing high strings ringing out anymore. :metal:

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Your old bridge pickup was probably a Texas Special. They're labeled Custom Shop. I love 'em, but I can see how they're not for everyone.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Your old bridge pickup was probably a Texas Special. They're labeled Custom Shop. I love 'em, but I can see how they're not for everyone.
Gotcha, I liked the Fender pickup, just for this tuning and how i'm using it didn't work for the best. As I said I needed a bit less highs because I am doing a lot of open notes and drone notes in Open C and I want them to ring out, but not to the point of overpowering whatever else i'm doing. This Nordstrand is a beast too! Every guitar I own has now been customized/modded in some way. :lol: None have stock pickups, and most have aftermarket hardware and electronics. :yesway:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How hot was the old pickup?
It wasn't very hot, actually when I first got that guitar I thought the pickups were too quiet and mellow. But after rewiring it and everything the Fender pickup really turned into a monster.... just not as much of a monster as the Nordstrand. :rofl: I never checked the actual voltage or anything, but it was a fairly mild pickup.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Ah, the nocasters are also CS pickups, which get around alot used because a lot of people buy them, and dont like them, because they tend to sound too bright, especially on the higher strings.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Get a Ohm reading on it and ill tell you if i have random parts to trade you for it or not :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts