Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
I thought Dino had expressed interest in getting it back for himself. I guess that didn't end up happening.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Man, the resale price on those things is ridiculous. That thing is not worth $2600.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wirelessly posted (Thy Brick of House: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/20.0.012; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

noodles said:
why do you say that?
$2600 for a used guitar, verses what that money would buy you new from a small builder. Custom Ibanezes are overvalued in the used market.
Agreed. Granted though, if I had cash, I'd have it, for the sake of being able to say I've had it, then sell him it back, lol! Someone should get Rick to tell Dino it's on there

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I see a white RG7620 with a single 707 and a painted headstock. What am I missing that makes it worth $2600? Hell, I'd take a plain old 7620 over that as it is.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
I see a white RG7620 with a single 707 and a painted headstock. What am I missing that makes it worth $2600? Hell, I'd take a plain old 7620 over that as it is.
this is usually where lee would come in and explain that just because an lacs LOOKS like a production model, that is the only similarity. but he has been absent lately

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
I'll be suprised as hell if it sells for that much. When I had the red LACS Dino w/ reversed headstock it took me forever to sell that thing. It was way cooler than this one, the economy was decent and I think I only ended up getting like $1300 or $1400 for it.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I did tell Dino about it and it's too much for him to pay to get his own guitar back. There's a little back story to it that I can't really discuss openly.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I did tell Dino about it and it's too much for him to pay to get his own guitar back. There's a little back story to it that I can't really discuss openly.
I wouldn't pay jack shit to get that back, when I simply could have Ibanez build me another one, and probably for a whole lot less to free.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fair play. Not a chance I'd pay that much for my own guitar back either. Dave raises a fair point aswell.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I wouldn't pay jack shit to get that back, when I simply could have Ibanez build me another one, and probably for a whole lot less to free.
I'd do it if it was for sentimental value, but to be fair, if I was attached to a guitar I probably wouldn't sell it in the first place.

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
I see people pay much more for UVMC's and some J Customs that are not "one of a kind".. and this actual guitar owned by a popular Guitarist got a "bad" response ... I always thought LACS is the high end of Ibanez .. and I thought the fact that they are really rare makes the high price "always" right.. even if they are "simple" guitars ?

Oh well probably it's different... Personally if I had the money I would buy it... still would prefer the "Digimortal" LACS that was for sale some time ago.. note that it was more expensive... still it's easy to spend money you... well I don't have haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts