Metal Guitarist Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Sheffield dude. The thread has been bumped countless times! :lol: If I had you on FB, I'd have invited you on there!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I find that odd. I think I worked on a 6 for a while and then I got a 7 which felt a bit odd then after a few days it felt right and I used it for everything.

Then bought a 8 string spent a while feeling stupid with it then I discovered I really like low notes and baritone scales ALOT and now I play nothing but my 8.

Now, I think to my self I like low notes however, I rarely use my high strings to full capacity and I might get a baritone 7 and use that tuned to F# and miss of only a few notes, but then I think it will fuck with my head and ruin how I play. Then the other half of me wants another 8 string to tune lower still etc.....

So when it comes to 6 string (and sometimes 7 string) guitars, basically find them so toy like and I now find that baritone scales are going to be my playing style for the rest of my life.

In conclusion I am stupid person who love stupid guitars but that's me and the grass is always greener on the other side. So just play what makes you happy :)

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Pete, I'm going to make sure everything I write only uses 6 strings from now on. And up to the 24th fret on the high E.

YOU WILL BE MADE TO ENJOY IT

61 - 67 of 67 Posts