Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys, I was talking to a mate at college about how I wanted a 7 string or 7 neck for a project and he mentioned he had a nice MIJ Ibanez 7 string sitting around collecting dust because he doesn't get on with that number of strings. Fast forward about 2 weeks and I bought it off him for an absolute bargain because of mates' rates and the goofing he did to the body.
It's an RG1527, actually the exact same model as the one I babysat for another friend.

In general it's in pretty good condition, albeit dusty and a bit dirty in places. Frets are in good nick and everything works fine.
I'm not bothered by the body carvings because I bought this for the sake of putting on the spare UV body I have lying about. I also have a fresh Lo Pro sold to me by the lovely James :wub:
However, this body is only primed so I still need to get it sprayed and lacquered. The idea so far has been to do an obnoxious as fuck tribute to Morbid Angel's Domination, aka this but with 7 strings:

However, I'm not so sure because it is very garish and I may change my mind on how I feel about it later on. I'm also tempted to have it done in white to fit my usual aesthetic but that is a bit of a rut now :lol:
EGH, I'm indecisive, opinions please.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That mockup looks cool, IMO it would benefit way more with a matching neon green headstock.
Thanks mate, I think the same but I can't be arsed to shell out even more to get that resprayed too! I can hardly afford to do this, due to other projects, hence the delay. (Got the body in spring or even earlier this year)
I'm sure it will look cooler in real life than the mockup!
Yeah I agree but I'm still not sure if I'll still like it for long after doing it

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Mockup looks awesome. I have one of those 1527s and mine is one of the nicest playing 7s I've laid hands on. That said, my friend had one that just never felt as good.

·
Banned
3,696 Posts
what did he do to that poor 1527? Will that come off? Mock up looks cool though. Make sure that's a mirrored pick guard for extra zing!

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what did he do to that poor 1527? Will that come off? Mock up looks cool though. Make sure that's a mirrored pick guard for extra zing!
He carved into the body with a drill, so no :( Shame, because it's a very cool fiddle otherwise.
I may stick with that, and yes of course it would be mirrored!

·
Mod Britannia
7,232 Posts
I'd go with your mockup. Obnoxious Ibanez's have always had a big following. Worst case, you grow tired of the purple guard and swap for something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts