Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If you've not heard of The Walking Dead, well, you should...

Simply put, the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman is quite easily one of the greatest pieces of zombie fiction in any medium. It's an ongoing saga that follows a group of survivors after a zombie apocalypse, it's quite an epic read so far, it's bleak, tense, extremely powerful and incredibly well written, filled with extremely realistic and very human characters that grow and change as the timeline progresses, and a plot that remains fresh and unpredictable. There's times when I genuinely feel for the characters, and events take place that are practically heartbreaking. The Walking Dead is a masterpiece and one of the very finest comic books ever written, and I do not say that lightly.

If you're a zombie fan, and haven't read it yet, run right out and buy the first volume of The Walking Dead. You will not regret it.

But anyway, there's a TV adaptation of it coming soon, and you know who's writing and directing it? This guy:

Yep, that's right, none other than The Shawshank Redemption director Frank Darabont! He also directed The Mist, which I think was one of the best horror films in recent years. Given how well handled the characters were in The Mist and how tense the atmosphere was, I have no doubt that Darabont can really bring out the full emotional weight of the comic book series.

And you want to see some zombies!?

Also, ZOMBIE SCHOOL! :scream:

So yes. I am excited. This should rule.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Fuck Yeah! This should kick a lot of ass. Walking Dead is just an outstanding read. Kirkman might be the best comic book writer on the planet. I love his work. I'm really looking forward to this.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

:metal:

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
I'v been reading this comic for years. I'v been hearing about this show and was super stoaked.

Its litterally the best comic i'v ever read.

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First episode's great so far :yesway: I haven't read the comics, so I don't know how accurate it is, but it's got a lot of potential to be a really decent show.
Yep, the first episode was absolutely brilliant. It's pretty true to the comic, but they've fleshed it out a bit more, really excellent stuff.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
I'm still not sure what station it's airing on in Canada, as I watch it...other ways :lol:

But episode 2: "Do we smell like them?" :barf:
My co worker told me about that part and he is a HUGE horror freak and said he almost :barf:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
hahaha, that was a cool part. I wonder when the handcuffed guy will make his return

1 - 20 of 39 Posts