Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Guitar Guitar today to try out some pedals with my Egnater Rebel. The rebel drive is nice, I was just looking for something different. I tried out the 2 Suhr drive pedals, an MI Audio Crunch Box, and a Fulltone OCD.

Verdict:

Suhr Riot - nice, but just a bit too much of everything. Too much gain, and the tone control got unusable after 12 o'clock.

Suhr Shiba Drive - opposite of the Riot - not enough of everything. Needed a bit more gain for me, and the overall sound of the pedal was a bit plastic. Not a bad pedal, but not what I was after.

MI Audio Crunch Box - SHIT! Next...

Fulltone OCD - Winner by a country mile. Incredibly good pedal. Nice open sound, enough gain for me (not ubergain, but plenty on tap) - tone control was usable across the whole range, and the HP/LP switch is cool too.

So, without further ado, I present my new toy -

Sound clips coming soon (maybe).

·
Read Only
10 Posts
This won't make you a better player, you know. You'll still be sloppy and awful, with bad vibrato and shitty tone. And herpes.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I actually edited that in after the fact too. :lol:

Sweet score dude, looking forward to clips. I'll just start feeling bad about my playing now to get it over with.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually edited that in after the fact too. :lol:

Sweet score dude, looking forward to clips. I'll just start feeling bad about my playing now to get it over with.
You'll be feeling bad for a while then - clips could be a good while away...

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
When did you guys get Guitar Center over there?

Also do you guys spell it Guitar Center or Guitar Centre? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I can never decide if I like the OCD or the Fulldrive 2 better. Did they have any of the Xotic pedals over there?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
That's interesting that you didn't like the Crunch Box at all. It's generally a pretty well received box.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Out of all of the pedals you tried, my favourites would be the Suhr ones. But the OCD is a great box and I can see why it would suit your style the best :yesway:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts