Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the day has come. My pickups arrived for the Schecter Solo my wife calls The Dark Mistress. They are the black brushed chrome EMG 57/66 set. Also going to install M-Steel 10's.

Brace yourself, bitch... we're doin' this dry.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Not a fan of EMGs myself but those look great in the brushed finish.

Also, nomination for thread title of the month. :yesway: :rofl:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
One thing I didn't anticipate, but which is no big deal anymore (I can more or less solder now), is having to rewire the switch. It was originally set up with both volume pots as push-pull split. Forging on. :scream:

Just for tradition's sake though, I may set the instructions on fire again.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Not a fan of EMGs myself but those look great in the brushed finish.

Also, nomination for thread title of the month. :yesway: :rofl:
Both of these. :metal:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, something went wrong. I double-checked the wiring diagram several times - it's all proper. I'm getting crackling out of the pots and a high/low (roller coaster) as I roll the neck pickup and almost no output from the bridge pickup. I almost wonder if I have either a bad switch or a bad pot. I can't imagine both volume pots being bad, so I wonder if I fucked up the switch when I rewired it.

I'm going to bed. :rofl:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. That's what came in the kit. That's what I used. Everything except the switch is from the kit and EMG.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
If you ballsed up the switch, you shouldn't have crackling pots. Drop EMG an email, they're usually fairly good with stuff like that. They sent me a free solderless kit when my 81-7H came with a dodgy quick connect lead.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you ballsed up the switch, you shouldn't have crackling pots. Drop EMG an email, they're usually fairly good with stuff like that. They sent me a free solderless kit when my 81-7H came with a dodgy quick connect lead.
I sent them a message this morning. Thanks!

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
And, I figured it out. I had the bridge pickup connected wrong. Cost me a set of strings, but I'll know to double check before I screw the pickup rings down and string it up from now on.

Thanks for all the suggestions and support, guys.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet! Now put some hours on it!
Yeah, most of the time at home, I'm playing on my other Schecter - the black bolt-on Solo. I'm just going to swap this into the mix.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts