Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· NSLALP
13,495 Posts
First, thank you.

Second, very nice playing indeed.

Third, I found myself preferring the D-Activators overall. The CrunchLab/LiquiFire brought out more pick attack I thought, and might perhaps be more "open" and brought out individual notes in chords better, but they didn't stand up to your punishing rhythm riffs nearly as cleanly and I did not like the clean tones. I felt like the 2027 was breaking up the amp faster than the 1527 D-Activators. Overall lead tone and sustain for each was pleasing.

Very well done, especially for a camcorder video!

· NSLALP
13,495 Posts
Thats pretty much exactly how I feel about it, except the cleans on the Crunchlab/Liquifire combo are good, better than the D-Activators in my opinion. I think the camcorder just gets all shit with any high volume, and I actually turned up the volume a bit before the 2027 vid because I was worried about it being to low.
Ah. That is unfair.

DO IT AGAIN. :scream: :wub:

Well now I'm just flat-out confuzzled.

Here's some random **** I found on YouTube doing a Blaze vs. D-Activator comparison. :wub: Again, the D-Activators are pretty damn clear at high gain.

· NSLALP
13,495 Posts
Later tonight I will to cleans through my interface using the ENGL as a preamp and Recabinet as the cab impulse. Hopefully the impulse doesn't color it too much, but you should be able to tell the difference in voicing at least if I do that.
You're a real sweetheart. :leghump:

I'm slammed at the moment (I need to close MGSpy... damn you, MGSpy!) but I intend on trying to get a good Powerball tone for you out of my djerkbox. I'll try to imitate what you have going on in that video. I won't be able to play nearly as well as you.

Here's a clip of a guy doing some fast rhythms through the Powerball sim (Bogner cab sim with a condenser mic):

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.