Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the market to upgrade my bass gear for awhile. The next item will be to upgrade to a better bass as I'm still playing a simple Ibanez SG. I've had good tones out of using it and either running it through guitar amps, multi-effect/preamp pedals, or straight to the board with a VST amp (Joey Sturgis Hellraiser is really good), but nothing beats a real dedicated preamp circuit for bass, or guitar really. I had narrowed it down to the Ampeg SCR-DI, The Mesa Subway preamp, and this Darkglass preamp. What sold me was the sheer amount of tones you can get from it with all of the settings, blends, and EQ, and it was the only one of the three you can use software to load IRs onto.

I did some recording last night, and while it took a while to dial in properly with a full band mix, I was getting great tones out of it pretty much immediately. This definitely makes my cheap bass thump with some authority. I'm now kinda excited to see what it does with a better bass.

Attachments

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Nice! :metal:

The only issue I have with my Darglass pedal is that the LED is bright as hell. It hurts my eyes to look at the knobs to make adjustments. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! :metal:

The only issue I have with my Darglass pedal is that the LED is bright as hell. It hurts my eyes to look at the knobs to make adjustments. :lol:
Chris at 30: blinky lights = tone
Chris at 45: you kids and your damn bright lights

:rofl:

·
Read Only
10 Posts

:rofl:
To be fair, I have the B7k and it's one single eye searing LED next to small text. :lol: Your point is still valid though.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts

To be fair, I have the B7k and it's one single eye searing LED next to small text.
Your point is still valid though.

Just increase the series resistance with the led. Or change it to a non ultrabright one.

Or put blutac on it.

·
I Am The Tweaker
490 Posts
Those Darkglass pedals do look pretty impressive. Sadly, they (for me anyway) have a price tag to match.. :erk:

On the bright side, I do have a Tech21 VT Bass DI and a Zoom B3 that I do manage to get some pretty gnarly tones out of, so they do manage to get the job done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts