Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's get the fact that this pedal has the best name ever out of the way immediately.

Saw a promo of this and immediately wanted one so pre ordered and I've had it just under a week now and really enjoying it.

It's a pretty lush reverb and octave effect combined but which depending on what mode you select is controllable independently. Really great so far for creating a pretty lush ambience on cleans and when used, sparingly, leads.

The pedal zone guy will demo it better than me so here is his vid for a quick skip through for examples. I'll fire something up with an example of it soon enough.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Let's get the fact that this pedal has the best name ever out of the way immediately.

Saw a promo of this and immediately wanted one so pre ordered and I've had it just under a week now and really enjoying it.

It's a pretty lush reverb and octave effect combined but which depending on what mode you select is controllable independently. Really great so far for creating a pretty lush ambience on cleans and when used, sparingly, leads.

The pedal zone guy will demo it better than me so here is his vid for a quick skip through for examples. I'll fire something up with an example of it soon enough.

EarthQuaker Devices Astral Destiny Octal Octave Reverb Demo - YouTube
That's awesome man, I was interested in this one. Ended up still keeping my Dark World order, but this seems really cool.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

EarthQuaker Devices Astral Destiny Octal Octave Reverb Demo - YouTube
That's awesome man, I was interested in this one. Ended up still keeping my Dark World order, but this seems really cool.
Yeah it's a lot of fun, the stretch feature isn't something I recon ill get a lot of use out of in actual songs but it really cool. It also sounds great in sequence with my avelanche run especially when it's on reverse delay mode.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Actually I stopped in guitar center over the weekend looking for one but they were sold out. Going to check another shop next weekend.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
EQD turned into my favorite pedal maker company, everything they put out is awesome. Congrats on the new toy! This gives me major gas - one stop shop post rock pedal? Yes please.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Earthquaker HQ isn't too far from where i live . If they have their yearly open house thing/ Earthquaker Day this summer I plan on going.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

heres a quick demo its obviously rough as fuck - cleans at the start are Astral destiny on "cosmos" wtih a pretty mild mix to just keep that ambient synth sound in the background also has Avalanche run on reverse delay with a pretty subtle mix level and repeats so it doesnt go crazy.

leads are the same on AD and AR i just switched to a standard delay.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
EQD turned into my favorite pedal maker company, everything they put out is awesome. Congrats on the new toy! This gives me major gas - one stop shop post rock pedal? Yes please.
There are so many good companies now. EQD, Chase Bliss, Strymon, Meris, JHS, Old Blood Noise. There's a lot of "boutique" crap out there too just making yet another Big Muff or TS derivative, but the good stuff rises to the top. Nearly everything I've ordered recently, EQD included, is back-ordered.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Since I already own a Dispatch Master, Disaster Transport Sr, Ghost Echo, and Levitation, I should probably grab this, too :lol:

Though, I think I actually want to add the Avalanche Run to my EQD bag of time-based effects collection.

I think this new one is most like the Disaster Transport Sr in its modulation. The octave feature sets it apart.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since I already own a Dispatch Master, Disaster Transport Sr, Ghost Echo, and Levitation, I should probably grab this, too

Though, I think I actually want to add the Avalanche Run to my EQD bag of time-based effects collection.

I think this new one is most like the Disaster Transport Sr in its modulation. The octave feature sets it apart.
I deffinetly recommend the avalanche run its great, my only complaint is lack of preset functionality

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I deffinetly recommend the avalanche run its great, my only complaint is lack of preset functionality
This is why you go old-school... just get a bunch of pedals, and jam them into a loop controller :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts