Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so today I went out and picked up a Fender Full Moon distortion pedal to use on the clean channel of my 6505+. Now, why would I use a distortion pedal with an amazing amp such as the 6505+? Simple. The 6505+, to my ears at least, doesn't get as buzzy or as nasty as I'd like for old school black metal. This pedal does it very easily, especially with the hi-treble maxed. Overall, for that sound, I'd say I'm VERY pleased with it as I now have two killer OD channels and a usable clean tone from the 6505+, but also a very nasty channel for my clean when I feel like unleashing the hatred. This thing does lo-fi VERY well and I've got it set for an early 90's sound from that era. I do apologize for being unable to post clips as I don't have a mic, but take my word on this that this thing does black metal VERY well. I've got all my bases covered now it seems, as I have that, a TC Electronics Eyemaster (which I'm going to be pairing later :facemelt:) and the gain of the 6505+.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought an Eyemaster, had it for about a day or two.....returned it quick.Could not get a usable sound out of it, playing it through a clean amp.....I do have an original HM-2, so I'll just stick with that.... as far as the Full Moon goes, I'll have to YT it & see how it sounds.Are there any demos of it doing like you're describing, playing lo-fi old school Black Metal? I dig those tones too.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought an Eyemaster, had it for about a day or two.....returned it quick.Could not get a usable sound out of it, playing it through a clean amp.....I do have an original HM-2, so I'll just stick with that.... as far as the Full Moon goes, I'll have to YT it & see how it sounds.Are there any demos of it doing like you're describing, playing lo-fi old school Black Metal? I dig those tones too.....
Honestly, I couldn't say. I didn't do any research on this pedal before I bought it. I went to the store today to get some credit for my Boss Katana, and it was there and I'd been wanting to try a distortion pedal for some time and once I dialed in what I wanted to hear, it was all I could do to get it out of the store and home as quick as I could. I put mine through the clean channel with the boost on the pedal all the way on and the gain all the way up, and EQ my amp and pedal accordingly.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
You bought an HM2 clone and expected it to be usable? :lol:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I tried one and it wasn't too bad - Instant Carcass tone into a dirty/crunch marshall but it was a bit too bright. Price is right also. (Eyemaster have not tried Full moon yet...)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
You may be actually looking for a treble booster circuit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts