Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the decimator after waiting 2 weeks for it. Tonight I'm going to definitely be using it for practice. I have been starting to use more pedals. so far have mxr 10 band eq, decimator, tubescreamer, Fab Chorus, joyo power supply and joyo tuner:) soon going to make the pedalboard so i can keep it all nice and neat:) going to buy the parts saturday.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Are you going to run that out front, or in the loop?

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Well, if he decides to run it in the loop with all those other pedals up front, that Joyo power unit is going to cause noise issues. They filter power but don't have true output isolation. The shared ground issue would cause more noise than running the Decimator in the loop would be worth no?

I'm assuming the pre amp gain being hit with the TS up front would benefit from the Decimator up front also.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Maybe slightly different, but I get no hum at all with my Decimator Gstring and Joyo power supply.
Nice score though dude!

·
For um LVP
494 Posts
How do you like the MXR eq? Been thinking that might be next on my list. Right now I'm running a Bad Monkey OD and a Boss NS-2 noise suppressor.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like it. it took me a while to get used to it though like at first i was thinking that i might have over done it but now that i have had 2 weeks it definitely helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts