Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this in a massive sale. 30% off and I couldn't say no.

And a quick crappy impromptu clip testing it.

It's cool for TC to combine the EHX Micro Pog and the Boss OC2 into one pedal. All octave ranges track great, and the sub 2 is cleaner than the OC2 or even the MXR Bass Octave mini. The flub of the latter 2 units does show more charm, but not a deal breaker (there's classic mode for that too). I probably should start using toneprints now.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Congrats on the good score. That looks really cool.

Along with all the other nifty stuff it does, can you use it like a Digitech Drop pedal if you blend out the original feed or no?

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the good score. That looks really cool.

Along with all the other nifty stuff it does, can you use it like a Digitech Drop pedal if you blend out the original feed or no?
:cheers: Cheers man!

You can blend out the original feed by turning down the direct. Though the only ranges you have are Oct up 1, Oct down 1 and Oct down 2, each level individually controlled. So it's can't be used like the Drop. Think of it more as the EHX POGs or the brown Boss Octave pedals.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think that link goes to the SubnUp clip :scratch:
Admittedly I was being rather conservative in using it there. :ugh:

I tried to set the up level enough so it sounds more 12 string and less marimba, which happens often with every up octave effect ever. And the 2 Subs are extremely subtly set (almost little Sub 2).

I'll try to muster another clip and I'll get more freaky with it.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
:cheers: Cheers man!

You can blend out the original feed by turning down the direct. Though the only ranges you have are Oct up 1, Oct down 1 and Oct down 2, each level individually controlled. So it's can't be used like the Drop. Think of it more as the EHX POGs or the brown Boss Octave pedals.
:yesway: Thanks

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did another crappy clip with the Sub N Up with all knobs at 1200.

Also played around with these:

But comparing the Sub N Up to the Mirco Pog: the Sub's Oct Up is less pronounced than the POG, which helps a bit when you don't want that marimba/xylophone like bell sound, but the Oct Down are both equally fine since they're both polyphonic (can be switched with the Sub). And you have at Oct Down 2 effect that's usually exclusive to the Boss OC2, and can be polyphonic too. Having said that, the Micro POG has a dry out, which adds more options for stereo setups etc, and I do find that the POG tracks a little better (the POG2 would probably beat these both). I like both, though I'm slowly leaning towards the Sub when it comes to simple lead work, and the POG for the more out there stuff (when I don't need the OC2 sound).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts