Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the annual Melbourne Guitar Show was this weekend, and I'm usually up for a spontaneous splurge. Though this time I held back, as I was focused on a new 7 String, and the pedal exhibition with the exception of Boss/Roland, were a little stingy this year.

I did get this on the first day:

The whole wekend was rather chaotic so I only had about 15-20 minutes to play this, but so far I really like it. It does the usual TS role just fine, OD to tight/boost etc, but the knobs to fair wide range so the gain and tone can cover a lot of sonic ground. The extra small mix knob surprised me the most. All the way down, and the pedal becomes dead clean and from low to mid can cover clean boost/Klone/String Slinger territory. All the way up and it becomes a warm thick amp like tone.

I do need to spend more time on the pedal though, I've yet to run it on 18 volts, so I'll have to do that soon.

And of course the NuTube glows when a power supply is on. :lol:

Not too keen on the power jack placement though, but that's a minor quibble.

I'm already ODing on ODs (well that pun was tortured), but I'm glad this is part of my ever growing fleet. I'll try to post some clips later this week.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Jack placement is better than below the jack on the side (like my Supermoon). I've been really curious about these if you have the time to post a clip. I heard some initial demos when it first launched and wasn't too impressed but they weren't using them in the way that I do either.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I had a feeling it would be one of these from the title. Sounds like an interesting pedal from your description, I've not actually heard any demos of it yet.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Huh. As far as the pure OD side of it goes, how's it compare to an original TS9 or TS808?

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh. As far as the pure OD side of it goes, how's it compare to an original TS9 or TS808?
I prefer using it as a pure OD over a boost honestly. I really like the tone in front of a pure clean sound or clean cranked at breaking point, and it's got much wider tonal range, thus more usage over the regular variants. It is nice as a boost though, but I wouldn't exactly recommend this for just a boost especially at the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts