Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Jackson originally had EMGs, then passives under EMG covers, then the EMG Xs...but they still didn't look right nor was I thrilled about how the pickups sounded far away from the strings. Don't get me wrong I loved the EMG X-series but I love to tweak/fuck around with pups so going passive was the better option.

I was informed by a few threads/members on here of Dave (FretsonNet) who made these conversion rings for EMG 707s. They basically mount to the inside of your route thus not scarring the face of the guitar. They screw into the corners of the inside of the route with wood screws. Then you can mount your pickups to them.

I have to hand it to Dave - these rings are freaking awesome. I ordered polished brass rings to kinda match the rest of the hardware. We had about 50 or so emails since my EMG routes are extremely tightly routed with almost no room for error. Finally after getting the proper dimensions and relocation of some screws down the order was submitted like 5-6 weeks ago.

Got them in last night and was just blown away by the quality of the work and how awesome they fit and how much better the guitar looks.

So without further adu - the pics. Btw the dimarzios in there are not mounted with the screws since their tabs got cut off. They're being held in position by friction against the sides of the routes :lol:

TL;DR - I totally recommend these for anyone going to swap out EMGs for passives. Give Dave a shout - his work is fucking sick :yesway:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Mesh, those knobs.... are horrible.

This is one of the few guitars that works with gold hardware though. :metal:

The rings look sick. :winning:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Dave does awesome work.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
They seem to look good... Had to turn myself upside down to see what they look like without the guitar beeing upside down. :D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They seem to look good... Had to turn myself upside down to see what they look like without the guitar beeing upside down. :D
:lol: Jeez - alright rotated but now it looks like the pics were taken while I was levitating due to the lack of my shadow in the sunlight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts