Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one should make a lot of people happy. :lol:

Strat.JPG

Suhr ML Standards in the neck and middle, Dimarzio Fast Track 1 in the bridge. Oh, and a parchment pickguard. :lol:

I still dig the shit out of my other pickguard... But, with a Suhr standard with a ML in the neck and an Aldrich (I think) in the bridge, plus a Gotoh Floyd, I don't really need this guitar to be a "modern" strat - I already have one with a killer neck singlecoil and a great humbucker in the bridge. The Fast Track is *technicaly* a humbucker, but it's one that's not a whole heck of a lot hotter than a fairly hot singlecoil, so it still has a lot of that sound to it. I actually don't know if I'm going to keep it in here - i don't like it clean, but it does a telecaster-like/SRV sort of stinging lead souynd pretty well... Probably much like a real singlecoil, in fact.

Basically, I got bored. :lol: You guys win this round.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Clips sir. Mostly so I can hear some blueshred.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, strats having two tone knobs is dumb. :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a spare, actually. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably - it reminds me a lot of them, just not QUITE as glassy and a little hotter. It's actually not a bad bridge pickup for a singlecoil voiced guitar.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Probably - it reminds me a lot of them, just not QUITE as glassy and a little hotter. It's actually not a bad bridge pickup for a singlecoil voiced guitar.
Yeah probably would be good. I think that was the one I was looking at before.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I figured this might be a little divisive. :lol:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Also: because you haven't tried the Eric Johnson pickup set, which, is the be all, end all pickup set, you lose five points.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts