Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Crossposted, and with no pics!

After coveting a rewind for my Soloist 7 neck pickup since Dave got one for the neck of his KXK Proto-V with the set of Duncan Design rewinds he bought from Mesh, I finally found someone selling some Duncan Design 7 string pickups. (Actually 2 someones - thanks, Chris and Chris!) So, I buy them, and a month and two phone chats with Wolfe later, a box arrives at Dave's house. (Why he sent them there, I have no idea. )

Anyway, the verdict is:

:hsquid:

The pickup, which now reads about 9.2K as opposed to the 8.7K of the Jazz that was in there originally, has the bell-like roundness of the Jazz with more clarity, and somehow it's punchier, too. In short, it's an excellent soloing pickup, and mixes awesomely with the Wolfetone JB rewind in the bridge for middle-position clean tones. The man has never failed me.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I wonder if anyone else's Wolfetone rewinds have turned up at Dave's house :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wolfe has the best customer service. Even if you didn't order anything you still might get something. :lol:

I'm glad the pickup rocks. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Maybe Wolfe thinks Dave's tone sucks? :lol:
Which would be awesome, since I've got his pickups in my two main guitars. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Mike, I didn't know you had a Jazz in the neck position of your Soloist. I never really think of that as a neck pickup.

Of course, that's a great sounding guitar, so you could probably put Ibanez pickups in there and still get decent sound. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I've always thought of the Jazz as a neck pickup :scratch:

I bet it sounds awesome... I'm a huge fan of the "idealized" JB sound, so I'd probably dig these.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike, I didn't know you had a Jazz in the neck position of your Soloist. I never really think of that as a neck pickup.
The original Rhoads guitars came with a Distortion/Jazz pairing. I had that pairing in a lot of my guitars in the '80s, until I realized I hated the Distortion. :lol:

Of course, that's a great sounding guitar, so you could probably put Ibanez pickups in there and still get decent sound. :lol:
True, but the Wolfes take it to the next level. It'll be interesting to see what they do to the Washburn...

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've always thought of the Jazz as a neck pickup :scratch:

I bet it sounds awesome... I'm a huge fan of the "idealized" JB sound, so I'd probably dig these.
It's pretty much exactly what I was wanting - the same sweet tone, just clearer.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
The original Rhoads guitars came with a Distortion/Jazz pairing. I had that pairing in a lot of my guitars in the '80s, until I realized I hated the Distortion. :lol:
WTF was I thinking when I posted before??? Of course the Jazz is a great neck pickup. I was thinking of the JB.... :nuts:

I wasn't drinking, I swear. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts